DCI show moments that made you teary eyed

I can't believe I forgot to mention this when I started the topic, but this years Phantom Regiment towards the end just really drove it home for me. Mostly because we went to the Broken Arrow this last summer July 18th.....the day before that we had my Mom's funeral and she was the greatest woman in the world, as a Mama's boy and the only child she was everything, we found out she had cancer only 2 months before her passing but the last few days in the hospital she told me to go and take my mind off of things, so watching Phantom from this last year will always be a very emotional subject to say the least

I have to begin with my absolute favorite drum corps moment--1994 "Once More in 94" by 27th Lancers at DCI Finals in Foxboro.

I also loved the "how loud can this get" moment of Madison's 1999 "Jesus Christ, Superstar." I saw it at Lynn's Manning Bowl and was never blown away as I was at that moment. As a matter of fact I probably am still affected today!

2000 "Red" by Boston Crusaders--my favorite BAC show. I generally do not "love" vocals in drum corps, but their "Time to Say Good-bye" which begins with vocals and then builds up to the entire corps playing movement.

2011 Phantom's "Elsa's Procession" from "Juliet." I thought it was a thoroughly moving ending to a wonderful show, but it also transported me back to 1979 when they first used the piece.

2012: At DCI East, the Bridgemen Alumni stood on the sideline and watched Jersey Surf perform. Surf returned the favor when Bridgemen Alums performed their show then ran on the field to join them in the encore. Surf's youthful exuberance along with the more seasoned Bridgemen just blew me away that night. Also, about a week later, when Crossmen finished their semi's performance, I knew it would be enough to move them forward, I could just feel it. I saw them early on, had been following Crossmen's progress all summer, predicted we'd see them in finals early on, and they were!

• Like 1

Spirit 1980 finals in the exit "Let it be me". How can you hear the raw power and emotion coming out of the horns, and not tear up?

At Concord, CA at the Jim Ott memorial a couple of weeks before, when the combined hornlines of BD, SCV, Freelancers, Alumni of the Commodores, and San Leandro Royalaires played the Naval Hymm twice. Once as it was written, and once "...So that Jim can hear it". (My ears are still rining.) :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

• Like 2

In 2007, The Cadets played the encore after a show in Lincoln, NE. There was a youth music camp lining the front of the stands as the horn line opened with the "Liquid" tag from 2005. There were plenty of tears following that, although probably not the same kind as the OP was thinking of.

• Like 2

Phantom '91 still gives me chills!!

Madison '88 the last wedge following the mello solo, still get teary eyed

BK 99 The ballad just evoked so much emotion... Internally it made me so proud to watch them achieve at the level they were performing.

Cadets 2011 after years of not loving the direction they went in this show was fantastic and emotion packed

Phantom 2011 Elsa's was all that and got to me..... I got bronchitis:)

Wes P

'88 SCV - the two-part company front at the end...Music of the Night push starts in an arc, slight pause as they hit the straight line, kick the horns up and take the volume to 11 while the crowd goes wild. '89 BD with their power triangle push in If We Were in Love did a similar two-part front. (They loved their trangles back then.)

'88 Madison - Melo solo/cymbal feature to the end (wish we could see the drill there) - favorite moment: as the camera pulls out and the guy on the sidelines is jumping up and down with his arms raised as if he KNOWS they just won. And oh how I miss having the PBS commentary on the DVDs - They are on their feet here at Arrowhead Stadium! Ladies and gentlemen, you may very well have just seen the championship performance of the night!

2003 Phantom - the Canon reprise to the end, plus the emotional guard member still spinng her flag at the end gets me.

2006 Phantom - you had me at Mahler's 2nd.

2008 Phantom - nuff said. Although, as an aside, when Spartacus' wife/girfriend is dropped after her throat is cut A) the guard member did a great job selling the fall and B) the crowd gasps and is like "He really just droped her!"

2007 BD - the music is great, but it's the drum major that gets me. He's about to trun to the crowd after they've finished but he pauses and has this look he gives the corps like they just donated a kidney to him or something.

Plenty more...

• Like 3