DCI show moments that made you teary eyed

'88 SCV - the two-part company front at the end...Music of the Night push starts in an arc, slight pause as they hit the straight line, kick the horns up and take the volume to 11 while the crowd goes wild. '89 BD with their power triangle push in If We Were in Love did a similar two-part front. (They loved their trangles back then.)

'88 Madison - Melo solo/cymbal feature to the end (wish we could see the drill there) - favorite moment: as the camera pulls out and the guy on the sidelines is jumping up and down with his arms raised as if he KNOWS they just won. And oh how I miss having the PBS commentary on the DVDs - They are on their feet here at Arrowhead Stadium! Ladies and gentlemen, you may very well have just seen the championship performance of the night!

2003 Phantom - the Canon reprise to the end, plus the emotional guard member still spinng her flag at the end gets me.

2006 Phantom - you had me at Mahler's 2nd.

2008 Phantom - nuff said. Although, as an aside, when Spartacus' wife/girfriend is dropped after her throat is cut A) the guard member did a great job selling the fall and B) the crowd gasps and is like "He really just droped her!"

2007 BD - the music is great, but it's the drum major that gets me. He's about to trun to the crowd after they've finished but he pauses and has this look he gives the corps like they just donated a kidney to him or something.

Plenty more...

The girl really DID tell it! I didn't ever watch it live, but I still gasped, I didn't even hear the crowd gasp until I watched it a 2nd time, when I did gasp I then heard the crowd so the same

1996 Phantom. At the end, when the DM was trying to hold it together as she realized she was 30 seconds from the end of her season.

Priceless.

Cadets. Appalachian Spring.

Angels and Demons.

The moment I watched PR'08 on DVD for the first time after seeing it live in Bloomington. I wiped my eyes at the end of the show, and I sobbed when I watched the announcement of the scores and relived "that" moment.

(And I saw my son and I on the DVD!)

Madison's comeback with ESOM.

Troopers comeback.

How do I take 30 years of entertainment and count the number of times I've cried?

Nearly impossible.

• Like 3

Oh, geez...me, too. The combination of the corps as if frozen in stopped animation and the delicateness of the celeste effect was spooky. The audience at the World Championships was utterly quiet...no one was willing to ruin the mood with stupid "get on the recordings" yelling.

Even the drum major and pit were frozen. It was awesome.

I admit that I cry too much at drum corps, so I'll just list the top moments from the last five seasons:

2012- the last minute of the Cadet's show

2011- Madison's entire show, especially the end

2010- Phantom Regiment leaving the field

2009- Crown's reappearing company front, the Blue Stars' ballad, and the last two minutes of SCV's show

2008- the last minute of Phantom's show

Here's to tears in 2013!

• Like 3

Which DCI show moments made you tear up...emationaly? (guys don't be embarrassed)

Here's a few of mine: The aftermath when the Phantom Regiment drum major was stabbed and the other climbed up on podium at the end of Spartacus. The last two minutes or so of Angels and Demons, The end of both the Madison Scouts 2011 and 2012 shows.The end of Carolina Crowns The Grass is Always Greener......

I can't believe I forgot to mention this when I started the topic, but this years Phantom Regiment towards the end just really drove it home for me. Mostly because we went to the Broken Arrow this last summer July 18th.....the day before that we had my Mom's funeral and she was the greatest woman in the world, as a Mama's boy and the only child she was everything, we found out she had cancer only 2 months before her passing but the last few days in the hospital she told me to go and take my mind off of things, so watching Phantom from this last year will always be a very emotional subject to say the least

1995 Cadets "Born on the Fourth of July" - cried like a baby at Ypsilanti. 1984 Cadets Atlanta - cried when trumpets entered on "I Have a Love" back field. BAC 2000 U of Maryland - When "Time to Say Goodbye" ended in huge arc with my daughter standing in the middle with outstretched arms - haven't dried up from that since. One I barely understand - 1977 Garfield playing "Pieces of Dreams" in NJ (the Dream?) They played with such exquisite finesse that I just teared up. 1984 Bridgemen playing "We Had a Good Thing Going" that was hard to get through. Cavies 1975 Phila - Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Any time Ruben Ariola stepped out of line with a baritone or euphonium. Lots and lots of great musical moments. This post could take days.

Wow a few of you guys are right it will be tough not to string this list out too long. I will try to hit just the ones that made me tear up more than once:

87' SCV Final Push. Russian Christmas Music was my intro to DCI and what Drum Corps was. This power and grace on the field (or tape in my case) was more than I was prepared for. I still well up a bit every time I see that!

88' or 89' SCV Music of the Night The show was beautifully done both years, but they really nailed the push IMO in 88. The power was and is just something I only wish I could have experienced for myself live.

94' Phantom Regiment Claire de Lune, beauty and grace the ability to play so beautifully and artistically amazed me and forever upped the bar for other corps.

03' Phantom Regiment Cannon in D and the Reprise just awesomesauce!

07' SCV The section from Church windows. I loved the music when the corps kneels down and leaned back as the power and volume grew, yeah they had me!

07' Carolina Crown Attending my first finals with my wife and finding her favorite corps. I looked over several times during the show (Wild Horses and near the William Tell Overture) to see her in tears. I was so happy to share my emotional connection to the shows. To this day she asks me to play here the DVD of that show. This summer she will get to see Crown live again and I hope to renew her emotional connection yet again.

07' Phantom Regiment at the end of Firebird the unbelievable athleticism showed by the corps to run just flat out run and blow our faces off!

That is all I have for now. But I can't wait until this summer starts to make some more memories and take a chance at getting a little misty eyed once or twice again

For me personally, nothing can compare to the moment on the field when the reunited Star of Indiana serenaded the age outs of 2010 at semi's with "When you wish upon a star", my son happened to be aging out with BD and was standing right in front of them. The SOI members had tears in there eyes as well. What a moment.

• Like 1

Cadets 2002 - Post 9-11 show. When the fire trucks came out of the fire house on back of side two..... I remember getting goosebumps.

Phantom 2003 - Opener

Phantom 2006 - Ballad

Blue Stars 2008 - Ending Tag

Phantom 2008 - Ending

Blue Stars 2009 - Ballad

Carolina Crown 2009 - Entire Show

Cadets 2011 - Entire Show

** Apparently I get "teary eyed" a lot....

Cadets 2002 - Post 9-11 show. When the fire trucks came out of the fire house on back of side two..... I remember getting goosebumps.

Phantom 2003 - Opener

Phantom 2006 - Ballad

Blue Stars 2008 - Ending Tag

Phantom 2008 - Ending

Blue Stars 2009 - Ballad

Carolina Crown 2009 - Entire Show

Cadets 2011 - Entire Show

** Apparently I get "teary eyed" a lot....

Nah......sounds normal to me:)