WGI 2013

Will

So, I did not see a single performance this year from world championships. I'm very eager to hear some thoughts, full reviews, etc.

Curious to know why Fantasia, Trumbull High School, and Lawrence Central High School got penalties in finals... props? out of bounds?

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!!

No idea but heard Mechanicsburg, PA won in an interesting way.

Edit: Should read "I heard in an interesting way that....." *Sheesh*

Was at a DC standstill show last night and MC was mentioning some names to go with the corps on the stage. Later he said that one of the people he mentioned was not there because his Mechanicsburg guard is at WGI.. and they won.... brought a nice cheer from people in York.

Oh yeah the name was Rich Templin...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3

I'm biased...I used to help the drumline and I live in the district, but Mechanicsburg was incredible. Add the backstory in, and wow, what emotion.

• Like 1

No idea but heard Mechanicsburg, PA won in an interesting way.

Was at a DC standstill show last night and MC was mentioning some names to go with the corps on the stage. Later he said that one of the people he mentioned was not there because his Mechanicsburg guard is at WGI.. and they won.... brought a nice cheer from people in York.

Oh yeah the name was Rich Templin...

Anyone want to clue me in why this has a -3?

PS - First line should read "I heard in an interesting way that Mechanicsburg won" if that's what got your undies in a wad....

LOL - something about Mechanicsburg.... (I work at the Navy Depot there). :ph34r:

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

So much hate lol

• Like 1

I'm biased...I used to help the drumline and I live in the district, but Mechanicsburg was incredible. Add the backstory in, and wow, what emotion.

What's the backstory for Mechanicsburg? Their show was wonderful!

Other favorites:

Emanon - Just Wow

Blessed Sac - I didn't know where this was headed when I saw it at the beginning of the season - but holy crap was it good!!!!

Cyprus Ind. - Always sooo different and sooooo good

Identity - incredible show!

Carmel - the thought that went into this show is astounding

Fenix - I was not expecting that - really cool!

Lawrence Central - beyond cool

West Broward - loved the dramatics!!!

Later,

Mike

• Like 1

They've lost 2 members of their marching band this school year. Both boys had girlfriends who march in the winterguard.

Thanks for the the reminder. I forgot about the trombone player who passed away who sounded like a really nice guy.

On a lighter note had to google Blessed Sac Guard. The Blessed Sacrament Alumni Drum Corps was at the same show I posted about earlier. Wanted to check if any connection, apparently not as different states (MA, NJ).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

LOL went to get coffee and saw the results of Open Class posted on the wall. Then remembered one of the people who works in my (converted warehouse) building has a daughter who is a member of M-burgs guard. The father is not in today but will have to talk to him sometime.

• Like 1