Homosexuality in Drum Corps

I'm just saying that's why we have a lot of the segregated gender areas...we can't show off anything that might be remotely arousing to the opposite gender. They didn't recognize that some guys like guys, and some girls like girls. It was swept under the rug until the last 100 years...

Swept under the rug until 100 years ago? So, you are saying that thousands of years ago the Roman Empire swept variations within sexuality under the rug and they were not an open culture on that subject? Hmmm... apparently I was lied to in my ancient history class.

Actually... back in the day Homosexuality was the in thing... women were just there to breed...

But seriously Stu.. we aren't talking about ####### ancient history...

• Like 2

Swept under the rug until 100 years ago? So, you are saying that thousands of years ago the Roman Empire swept variations within sexuality under the rug and they were not an open culture on that subject? Hmmm... apparently I was lied to in my ancient history class.

I'll modify it, it was swept under the rug after the fall of Roman polytheism, and was hush-hush in the public arena.

I'll modify it, it was swept under the rug after the fall of Roman polytheism, and was hush-hush in the public arena.

So, as it applies to openness in sexuality, things would be better today if Rome had not fallen?

So, as it applies to openness in sexuality, things would be better today if Rome had not fallen?

Now you're just being difficult and inferring at a length well beyond a reasonable scope...

• Like 1

Actually... back in the day Homosexuality was the in thing... women were just there to breed...

Agreed; which leads me to your next point...

But seriously Stu.. we aren't talking about ####### ancient history...

No, we are not talking about ancient history; however, we are talking about the resurgence of openness within sexuality today which was swept under the rug after the fall of the Roman Empire.

Now you're just being difficult and inferring at a length well beyond a reasonable scope...

Nope; just pointing out that this thread does have a lot to do with the current trend of openness to various sexualization mores within our culture (openness starting in the 60's and 70's) which in the new era is without question beginning to mimic the ancient Roman Empire openness of mores and views on the same subject.

Agreed; which leads me to your next point...

No, we are not talking about ancient history; however, we are talking about the resurgence of openness within sexuality today which was swept under the rug after the fall of the Roman Empire.

Which doesn't amount to a hill o' beans aside from the fact that we have openly gay people in drum corps. And I'd be okay with them in the shower at the same time as I am. Honestly, who cares? They learn their drill at the same time, they eat the same grub, and get the same razzing if they tick. Who cares?

Which doesn't amount to a hill o' beans aside from the fact that we have openly gay people in drum corps. And I'd be okay with them in the shower at the same time as I am. Honestly, who cares? They learn their drill at the same time, they eat the same grub, and get the same razzing if they tick. Who cares?

Then apply your same belief to co-ed showers! We have openly hetero males/females in drum corps; and unless you are hypocritical you would be be okay with them in the shower at the same time because, as you said, Who Cares? They learn their drill at the same time, they eat the same grub, and get the same razzing if they tick. Who Cares?

Edited by Stu

I was going to say something about gay and straight guys washing in the same shower until I realized that seeing me naked was punishment enough. #clawingone'seyesout

• Like 2