Homosexuality in Drum Corps

... I can tell you that while I DO look at the guys in the locker room...

Mind you that I do want separate facilities for male/female; but as a hetero, why can I not have that same privilege to look at the gals when you just admitted that you DO look at the guys? Equality, folks, equality.

Mind you that I do want separate facilities for male/female; but as a hetero, why can I not have that same privilege to look at the gals when you just admitted that you DO look at the guys? Equality, folks, equality.

Because of puritanical systems established centuries ago?

• Like 2

Not true; it is not equal. Because, using your terminology, sausages that like sausages are looking at sausages, clams that like clams are looking at clams, but sausages that like clams and clams that like sausages cannot look at each other. That, sir, is not equal.

Because we don't want to explain to 4 year old Jimmy that Tammy has other bits than Jimmy's bits. As adults, we have the self-regulation to not act on the basic instinct to jump another's bones in a communal shower setting...

Most children at that age don't know if they want clam, sausage, or peanut butter sandwich at that age.

All I am seeking is merely what gays are seeking: 'equality'. Currently we have separate male/female showers for heterosexuals. We should either make it 'equal' by having have co-ed showers for heterosexuals, or make it 'equal' by having separate gay/straight showers just like separate male/female. Equality folks, equality.

This is your mistake. There are separate male and female showers for men and women, not heterosexuals. Totally equal.

• Like 2

And what; that is a 'bad' thing?

I'm just saying that's why we have a lot of the segregated gender areas...we can't show off anything that might be remotely arousing to the opposite gender. They didn't recognize that some guys like guys, and some girls like girls. It was swept under the rug until the last 100 years...

Here is a thought: We are in an age of accommodation; at least that is what we are told; and corps are now accommodating all sorts of things such as meals for Vegans and release from rehearsals/camps for those with various values; this accommodation has been done at both a cost of time and a cost of money to the corps; but it has been done in the name of accommodation and equality So, in the name of this accommodation and equality stagger the shower times and allow for choices (co-ed, straight male only, homosexual male only, straight female only, lesbian female only). All in the name of 'fairness'. Sounds reasonable; at least in this day and age.

This is your mistake. There are separate male and female showers for men and women, not heterosexuals. Totally equal.

Most men and women are hetero not 'asexual'; and THAT is the reason for the separation. Therein is your mistake.

As adults, we have the self-regulation to not act on the basic instinct to jump another's bones in a communal shower setting...

Ok, if we adults have the self-regulations not to act on our impulses in communal showers and restrooms, then what is the logical reason for not allowing for co-ed showers and co-ed restrooms?

Because we don't want to explain to 4 year old Jimmy that Tammy has other bits than Jimmy's bits. Most children at that age don't know if they want clam, sausage, or peanut butter sandwich at that age.

Huh? What 4 year-olds are performing in DCI?