BD Haters?

Hey guys, this is for all those BD haters out there. Want to know why Blue Devils are so successful when corps are folding left right and sideways? Perhaps it has to do with the fact that they have always served their community in ways above and beyond the A Corps. Check out this video. While I may not agree with some of their artistic decisions, this is why I am so proud to call Blue Devils my corps. If you can't tear up over this one...well, just watch.

http://bluedevils.org/programs/wg/2013/special-needs.php

Dan

• Like 8

Kudos to any organization who gives back to the community (and/or to individuals, and/or to groups) in a positive manner; some do so in a high profile way........and some in a quiet way. To each their own.

• Like 4

Easy boys, I'm not tryiing to stir the pot here. Just pointing out to the people that so often chastise the corps on this forum that there is much much more to the organization than what appears on the competative field at DCI Championships. I'm sure that is true of many other organizations out there. Blue Devils is not unique in that respect but I do think that community service and awareness is probably a common thread that runs through most of the successful organizations in DCI.

Didn't mean to offend, just making an observation.

Dan

• Like 4

I am going to take issue with the accusation of this thread title. Just because I, or we, do not appreciate the current design trend of Dada looks into a Mirror Absurdly does not make me, or us, BD 'Haters'! BD, as an organization, is one of the best youth non profit organizations; not only within DCI but also within the entire realm of youth activities. And if you believe that mere disagreement with the current artistic philosophy of the design staff makes me a 'hater' of the organization, then you are either way too sensitive or completely obtuse.

• Like 10

Easy boys, I'm not tryiing to stir the pot here. Just pointing out to the people that so often chastise the corps on this forum

Didn't mean to offend, just making an observation.

Dan

Oh sure.... when you address your opening remarks to " all those Blue Devils haters out there ", you really didn't mean to offend, and have no idea at all why the opening remark would " stir the pot ".

Sure. Ok.

You could have approached this is a positive way and cited what otherwise is a fine article about fine efforts done on behalf of your Corps in the community. Instead you lost the possible goodwill and the goods feelings the article could have generated on its own by your opening clearly confrontational remark you made. The fact that you seem oblivious to the confontational nature of your opening remark does not mean the remark did not have its impact as being offensive, whether you intended for it to be so or not.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 8

A thread touting Blue Devils community service that quickly turns negative: an absolutely shocking development, DCP...

I agree.... very quickly. My guess, It might have turned negative right from the heading of the Title " BD Haters ". It might have gone downhill right there, imo.

• Like 2