Blue Knights "Official" 2013 Show Announcment

This was posted today, 5/26/2013, on Facebook.

2013 SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT: "As the Blue Knights look to reach the World Class Finals for a 10th straight season, the corps will explore the cycle of life in NoBeginningNoEnd.

The Power of the World always works in circles, with no beginning and no end. Everything tries to be round. The sky is round and I have heard that the earth is round like a ball and so are all the stars. The Blue Knights will express that circular concept through the music of Clyde Otis, Jay Bocook and Pat Metheny, using familiar themes to examine the ongoing progression of nature—the loop in all things.

Life isn’t always about the severity of the bookends. Sometimes it’s just a simple piece of the middle where memories are made."

401165_10151490634278026_804545879_n.jpg

• Like 6

2013 SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT: "As the Blue Knights look to reach the World Class Finals for a 10th straight season, the corps will explore the cycle of life in NoBeginningNoEnd.

The Power of the World always works in circles, with no beginning and no end. Everything tries to be round. The sky is round and I have heard that the earth is round like a ball and so are all the stars. The Blue Knights will express that circular concept through the music of Clyde Otis, Jay Bocook and Pat Metheny, using familiar themes to examine the ongoing progression of nature—the loop in all things.

Life isn't always about the severity of the bookends. Sometimes it's just a simple piece of the middle where memories are made."

Can't go wrong with Mr. B! When I see that name, I know I'm in for a treat!

Can't go wrong with Mr. B! When I see that name, I know I'm in for a treat!

He is also their brass arranger.

He is also their brass arranger.

Wow, I'm four years late on that one. doh.gif

Still very excited to see where they take this show!

Edited by crownisking

And in 13th place.....

Or 14th if Academy improves.

Life isn’t always about the severity of the bookends. Sometimes it’s just a simple piece of the middle where memories are made."

• Like 9

I like it! It sounds like more of a conceptual/intellectual show, which in this lalalala story filled and meaning filled show world today, will be really nice! Musically, sounds like it could be great, don't know pieces yet. But visually, this could be REALLY cool in how they express the theme! I'm interested to see if they use the colors in the show logo in the color palette, something about those are just REALLY refreshing or something, I dunno. Excited to see how this turns out! :thumbup:

Hoping they score better in percussion this year, something I thought they were pretty underscored in last year!

Edited by DrumManTx

Just dawned on me, circle show theme = Pat Metheny's First Circle? Full Circle? Anything else that has circle in the title? Haha.

"Bitter Earth" in the "Shutter Island" sound track.

Just dawned on me, circle show theme = Pat Metheny's First Circle? Full Circle? Anything else that has circle in the title? Haha.

cool music.

Pride of Cincinnati started their winterguard show (years ago) with the LAST two minutes performed to "First Circle.

When the music finished, "First circle" re-started and ran all the way until it connected to the last two minutes of the show once again w/ exact drill and impacts.

Could be cool on the field..

• Like 1

I don't think the show description could be any more generic. Like, just come out and say "we really are kind of reaching for a concept here so we're just gonna march, play and throw in a few 'circle' dance moves"

• Like 4