New Uniforms 2013

T-Minus one day till Crown unveils their new uniform... then this place is gonna light up like a Christmas Tree. :tongue:/>

Weather permitting, of course. If history and current weather forecast is any indication ... the dress rehearsal may end up like last year -- arced up with no electronics and no uniform. Will certainly be interesting if that's the case. I'm hoping that the weather will clear up for tomorrow and not rain AT ALL and then Monday too. I really want to be there both days and get to watch a lot of rehearsal. I won't get to on Sunday because I'm doing some work for them in the morning and then doing some stuff with my fiancée who lives 5 minutes from GWU (including looking at a potential house) between noon and 8. So, I won't see any rehearsal tomorrow. That's why I'm hoping weather will clear up for Monday too.

But, yes, when pictures start circulating (which hopefully won't be until Crown releases an official picture), this place will EXPLODE!! :thumbup:

All this talk about Crown's new uniform. There is quite a bit of hype being built up regarding it. Is it the "New Coke," the new "Edsel" or the "Ipod" of DCI?

No matter what is said, I doubt the posts regarding it could outnumber the BD posts that consistently dominate this forum.

If it beats Phantom for the "most unexpected uniform" prize, it will be quite something.

Weather permitting, of course. If history and current weather forecast is any indication ... the dress rehearsal may end up like last year -- arced up with no electronics and no uniform. Will certainly be interesting if that's the case. I'm hoping that the weather will clear up for tomorrow and not rain AT ALL and then Monday too. I really want to be there both days and get to watch a lot of rehearsal. I won't get to on Sunday because I'm doing some work for them in the morning and then doing some stuff with my fiancée who lives 5 minutes from GWU (including looking at a potential house) between noon and 8. So, I won't see any rehearsal tomorrow. That's why I'm hoping weather will clear up for Monday too.

But, yes, when pictures start circulating (which hopefully won't be until Crown releases an official picture), this place will EXPLODE!! thumbup.gif

Rain is in the forecast for the area tomorrow evening. Hopefully they post a photo of the new threads on Facebook like they did last year. I've actually seen the new uniforms on the field and I think they look pretty good...from the stands anyway. Sure, they're WGI-ish, but they're also slimming and they're made for movement. I would even go as far as to call them an improvement from the '10-'12 uniform. I think those who don't care for Crown won't become fans after they see the uniform, and the loyal fans will remain so after they see it.

• Like 1

If it beats Phantom for the "most unexpected uniform" prize, it will be quite something.

Trust me ... it WILL! I've seen pictures. :worthy:

Phantom is still basically black and white with some interesting shoulder stuff. Crown is a drastic redesign. :thumbup:

• Like 1

All this talk about Crown's new uniform. There is quite a bit of hype being built up regarding it. Is it the "New Coke," the new "Edsel" or the "Ipod" of DCI?

No matter what is said, I doubt the posts regarding it could outnumber the BD posts that consistently dominate this forum.

I wouldn't really call it the new Coke or iPod. I wouldn't really call it "unexpected" either. With all the hype that's been going on, people are probably imagining something far more outlandish than what it actually is. And it's not like their new look will become the new trend in drum corps. Only Crown (and maybe BD) could get away with doing this.

I think there will be much more discussion regarding this year's show. And rightfully so. shutup.gif

Rain is in the forecast for the area tomorrow evening. Hopefully they post a photo of the new threads on Facebook like they did last year. I've actually seen the new uniforms on the field and I think they look pretty good...from the stands anyway. Sure, they're WGI-ish, but they're also slimming and they're made for movement. I would even go as far as to call them an improvement from the '10-'12 uniform. I think those who don't care for Crown won't become fans after they see the uniform, and the loyal fans will remain so after they see it.

Even if Crown will no longer be "the Cream of the teams;" ???:cool:/>

Even if Crown will no longer be "the Cream of the teams;" ???cool.gif/>

It'll take some getting used to for sure, but they definitely still sound like the Cream Team.

If Crown's new duds are not well received, they might turn to this which was trialed by the Harry Potter Lancers, http://abcnews.go.co...sibility-cloak/

But we may need a special session of the Rules Congress to determine whether Cesario would still get his commission.

Edited by drilltech1

T-Minus one day till Crown unveils their new uniform... then this place is gonna light up like a Christmas Tree. :tongue:/>

So you're saying they're going green and red?????? SCV has the market on that, don't they? :tongue: