Does DCA pad there scores

Understanding of course that if you put those DCA corps on the same competition field as their DCI couterparts, the results would not be pretty.

And in other breaking news... World War II has ended. :ph34r:

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Corps that have pre-season camps and rehearse nearly every day of the week in-season... versus corps that rehearse, what, two or three times a week in-season at most, and whose staff members and marching members all have "real-world" things going on in their lives during the week, whether that be a job, school, family situations, or whatever?

Apples and ducks.

Edited by Fran Haring

Looking at the opening DCI scores Bucs out scored Crown,Blue Devils,P.R,SCV,Cavies and others hard to belive that?

Bucs 78.05

Cabs 74.20

Fus 72.80

Crown 74.55

B,Devils 74,30

SCV 71.15

PR 71.30

DCA and CI don't have any comparison. you should know that.

in 1970 DCA did in fact pad the scores. they added 5 points on . they called it content analysis. you started out with an extra 5 points and deductions were made accordingly. so we started out with 105 points. i'm not sure when it ended but it was in the 80's.

it must be summer

• Like 1

Quack Quack Quack the ducks have landed on the 50 yard line ,OOOHHHHH no its the Westshore with the doves .The judge is about to shoot them call animal protection .Just thought i'd add some fun to lighten up you guys,

• Like 2

Quack Quack Quack the ducks have landed on the 50 yard line ,OOOHHHHH no its the Westshore with the doves .The judge is about to shoot them call animal protection .Just thought i'd add some fun to lighten up you guys,

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quite possibly the most bizarre incident in the history of DCA. That was a wild night.

I'd love to see more combined dca/dci shows. I think though that judging them on one sheet is a horrible idea. I do wonder where bucs, cabs, etc would stand in the mix, but in the event that they are dead last place it's just bad publicity for dca and doesn't help the situation. If they ever did decide to be judged on the same sheet I think that it should be held confidential or that a trial run be held for a show to see what the outcome of published scores may be.

I'd love to see more combined dca/dci shows. I think though that judging them on one sheet is a horrible idea. I do wonder where bucs, cabs, etc would stand in the mix, but in the event that they are dead last place it's just bad publicity for dca and doesn't help the situation. If they ever did decide to be judged on the same sheet I think that it should be held confidential or that a trial run be held for a show to see what the outcome of published scores may be.

we actually did have a show where 27th lancers and boston competed with us. it was 1970 i think . i don't remember where it was but 27th won and hurcs took second beating boston. and then cabs , sky and cru rounded out the show. it was fun. but it was a rain out show so i don't know how accurate it was. maybe ray preister or or andy lisko remembers.

and did anyone notice that the dci shows are the new short panels? no doubt to save money

apples and oranges - for the millionth time, please STOP comparing scores from completely different adjudication systems

• Like 1