I hate it when someone "whooo!"s after a release

I hate it when someone whoops out a high-pitched "whooo!" right after a prolonged, loud hold. After the release during the brief silence, I'm soaking in the wonderful sound I just heard that contrasts so beautifully with that silence. But there is usually one idiot that ruins it by whooping "whooo!". PISSES ME OFF! Heard it just tonight at the theater.

• Like 6

Dude, you need to get over yourself.

At the next show I go to, during a quiet passage I will start yelling like I'm calling the cattle in for feeding. Yeah. I'll tell anyone that gets annoyed to get over their fine self.

• Like 4

Drum corps is "whoos"...that's why I marched. Concert halls provide great "whoo-free" environments.

It's a sport of the arts, my friend. Soak in the sound, give the corps the "whoo" if it's deserved. The members will love you for it. Go crazy.

Edited by YellowShorts10
  • Like 4

I think it's okay that he thinks that. Not sure why we have to jump all over him.

I agree. There's a moment in the finals recording for Crown '08 in the ballad, when a woman just screams her head off after a release. Yes, it's indicative of the energy or whatever, but it's like the people yelling "go whoever!! yayyy!"

• Like 1

Agreed. Every single cheer from the crowd is like a drop of gas fueling that performance adrenalin. Performing for a silent crowd is very draining.

• Like 3

Haha I laughed when I saw this topic. To be honest, I never really thought about it, but to me it's just one of those great things about this sport. It is SPORT after all.

• Like 1

I think it's okay that he thinks that. Not sure why we have to jump all over him.

I agree. There's a moment in the finals recording for Crown '08 in the ballad, when a woman just screams her head off after a release. Yes, it's indicative of the energy or whatever, but it's like the people yelling "go whoever!! yayyy!"

Thank you burgerbob. And just to clarify, I'm only talking about a passage of music where the silence is intentional after a huge release. For example, there is one when SCV plays "Send in the Clowns".