I hate it when someone "whooo!"s after a release

Dude did you not hear the crowds from back in the day during the advertisements for the Essentials Collection? I would KILL to have that kind of crowd reaction to ANY show I marched. I agree with 5thbassman about performing to a quiet crowd being draining... which is partly why I hated performing in domes. It sucks up so much crowd sound that I feel like I'm performing in outer space.

Sometimes as a fan you can't help but shout a "WOHOO!!" to a moment of excellence. It's like a reflex.

• Like 1

Personally, I enjoy hearing an enthusiastic crowd response after the corps has released a fff chord. However, I'm not crazy about people hollering during a soft ballad.

• Like 1

DCP: Bringing you some thought-provoking discussions on the state of the activity, show design, historic perspective, insight into every single corps and their background...all buried among threads complaining about every fathomable aspect of the activity.

• Like 2

What I dislike are the people in lot videos that hype on ever thing a drumline does, even if it is a simple 8th note groove.

• Like 1

What I dislike are the people in lot videos that hype on ever thing a drumline does, even if it is a simple 8th note groove.

haha there is this one from the Sacramento show I think and this guy does this really hokey Ohh MY Gawwwd! it's hilarious.

right about 40 seconds.

• Like 2

This makes me think of Crown 2011 pre-show, when Nick is playing the delicate Rachmaninoff piano part after the drum line cuts out and before the hornline comes in. One of our parent volunteers (I think it was one of ours b/c we had an inside joke about it) yells at the top of their lungs "PLAY SOMETHING!!!!" on the DVD, right in the middle of that soft delicate moment. Lol it cracks me up to this day.

Edited by Heath H

I hate it when someone whoops out a high-pitched "whooo!" right after a prolonged, loud hold. After the release during the brief silence, I'm soaking in the wonderful sound I just heard that contrasts so beautifully with that silence. But there is usually one idiot that ruins it by whooping "whooo!". PISSES ME OFF! Heard it just tonight at the theate

Is that all you have to worry about ?