Which Corps gets to 80 first?

Anyone do the comparison of number of shows? It usually goes something like....

Everyone but BD - A lot of shows

BD - Not a lot of shows

I ran some stats back when the schedule was announced. Here's the thread. It's possible the numbers have changed slightly, but at the time:

32 shows: Carolina Crown

31 shows: Blue Stars

30 shows: Spirit of Atlanta

29 shows: Blue Knights, The Cadets, Madison Scouts

28 shows: Bluecoats, The Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, Troopers

26 shows: Boston Crusaders, Colts, Crossmen, Glassmen

25 shows: Blue Devils, Cascades

23 shows: Pioneer

22 shows: The Academy

21 shows: Mandarins, Pacific Crest

16 shows: Jersey Surf

10 shows: Oregon Crusaders

Obviously Glassmen should no longer be on the list. In the past three or four years I believe Crown, Cadets, and Cavaliers together would all do 30+ shows, but Cadets and Cavies have cut back. Crown is doing the most, but I read somewhere recently that they admitted to doing 4 more shows than they'd planned to help pay for added expense of the west coast tour.

(Lots of other interesting stats in that post if you click through.)

Edited by skywhopper

Hmmmm...may happen sooner than we think.

The Cadets just got a 79.3 (!) in Fairfield, OH tonight. Almost a 4 point jump.

Which is why I said they would be the first. I never count them out. They have dangerous surges they do.

The show before was rough. No covers on props, bad wind. Tonight as per Gino, "Cadets on fire" tonight.

And just as quickly, Cadets are back down to 78.2. BD and Crown are still in the hunt!

And just as quickly, Cadets are back down to 78.2. BD and Crown are still in the hunt!

Score from Jackson: Cadets 77.6. :blink:/>

Crown and SVC have separate shows tonight, and then all 4 Corps are in action on Saturday with BD and CC going head-to-head again. Probably still anybody's race to 80.

Probably will be Crown tonight. Temp at the show will be about 30 degrees cooler than their rehearsal. Should be great to perform in. Cadets score is going the wrong direction the last couple of nights, unless the 79 was a fluke.

Probably will be Crown tonight. Temp at the show will be about 30 degrees cooler than their rehearsal. Should be great to perform in. Cadets score is going the wrong direction the last couple of nights, unless the 79 was a fluke.

A linear score progression wouldn't really make sense, considering that these corps are seeing seeing different judges all over the place. These scores are all subjective and this isn't science, it's "art". I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone break 80 until July 1st. I guess Crown could do it tonight.

A linear score progression wouldn't really make sense, considering that these corps are seeing seeing different judges all over the place. These scores are all subjective and this isn't science, it's "art". I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone break 80 until July 1st. I guess Crown could do it tonight.

There have been many corps who have gone an entire season without their score going down, but a 2+ point negative swing for Cadets seems a bit odd. Makes me wonder if this swing is the fluke, or if the 79 they popped is going to be the fluke. Hopefully they can get the score moving back up at a good pace, so this season can be very competitive for everyone. I think 80 will be hit sometime in the next three days, since BD and Crown will both be fighting it out in SoCal