Walnut Whiskey, Wine, and Wasabi

The only thing I can add to this line of conversation is to say that when I first saw your username I thought it read "Blood Evils."

Well, I guess it does. :p But that is not how it is suppose go be read.

Crown's flag book is very intense now that I am watching it again. Hm, love to see how this plays out.

Thanks for all of the other opinions for me to consider.

Edited by BLOODEVILS

Devs got a 17 and Crown a tenth behind then you have SCV and Cadets in the mid 15's.

That is a big difference.

Holy cow that does seem pretty big! I logically get show dynamic and such, but on the sheets the difference between upper-lower Box 4 and upper-middle box 4 (a ten-point difference in sub-captions).

That being said, the Allison in WA started lower (because there were lower-tiered WC corps) score-wise than Kennedy did in CA (because there were higher-tiered lines at the bottom of the pack).

This is another great example of why you can't put a lot of stock in scores from one show-another: different dynamics & different judge sensibilities

Yea. I'm sure BD cleaned up their drum scores a lot but that is a pretty big jump.

that tenor break was pretty problematic for them I wonder how they changed it or did they just clean it a lot. At Family day last year I thought their drumline was really dirty but look what happened so...

I think you hit the nail on the head. BD's flag book - to me - is always their weakest section. I always watch them when the sabre and rifle lines are split up - and they always seem like an afterthought relegated to the back of the field (especially the Bacarach show). Crown's flag book is much more integrated in that sense. And I am in no way surprised that they are beating the Blue Devils, colorguard - I feel they are finally getting the recognition they should have been getting since their "Horses" show!

I'm glad to hear this. I've always thought Crown's guard looked better to me than the scores indicated, but I was only ever a mello player. What do I know about it? But their flag work has impressed me as much as the rifle work for years.