Hostrauser's DCI Rankings - Week 1

Pacific Crest?!

I remember this happening a few years ago, they got to a hot start, then plateaued by mid July (killed my DCPI fantasy corps).

Totally forgot about this. Im glad this is back! I love what you did with the place. Lol thank youthumbup.gif

• Like 1

I appreciate you putting this together. I'll enjoy watching this as the season progresses.

• Like 1

Hey folks, while I'd love to see it, I don't think Pacific Crest will make Finals either. But, this past week, Pacific Crest's scores relative to the Blue Devils and Carolina Crown were more impressive than Crossmen, Spirit, and Troopers' scores relative to the corps they were in direct competition with (night after night, not just at one show).

Despite my extrapolation of the scores to a "season ending" level, my rankings are NOT a prediction of future performance. They are solely a review of the previous week (Monday through Sunday).

THAT SAID (now here comes the personal opinion part)... Pacific Crest is much better this year than in years past, from what I've seen and heard. Don't be surprised if they lurk in that 12th-15th range all season, even after the corps all meet up.

• Like 1

Well even if PC's score is inflated the spread to BD is asignificantly closer than last year at this point. (Just using BD as a constant) Last year PC didn't break 70 until San Antonio and were at a 63 at this point last year.

Also, PC has only had 1 week of all days up to this point so their improvement curve should be much steeper than other corps.They have 2 weeks straight of rehearsal coming up which should make the next few weeks very interesting!

• Like 1

Also shouldn't you throw academy up above PC? Academy was what...2 points ahead of PC and I'm certain if Academy was in Cali they would have stayed in front of PC.

I understand the point in this but there are a bunch of flaws right now. :/

Have you ever known a college football/basketball poll to be absolutely correct in teh first week, either? :tongue:

Also shouldn't you throw academy up above PC? Academy was what...2 points ahead of PC and I'm certain if Academy was in Cali they would have stayed in front of PC.

You're certain, huh? :rock:

Well, here are my justifications for having PC above Academy in the rankings...

(1) Pacific Crest closed 4 points on Crown from Mesa to Riverside (15.3 behind Crown in Mesa, only 11.55 behind Crown at Riverside).

(2) Despite The Academy beating Crest by 1.6 at Mesa, two of the five caption judges had Crest higher.

(3) Off the three judges at Mesa who had Academy over Crest, Crest's biggest scoring improvements last week were in one of those captions (percussion).

COULD Academy still be better than Pacific Crest at this point? Sure. But certainly? :huh2:

(4) I can only go by what the judges give out. If you skip a week, you get the overall AVERAGE scoring increase for DCI each night. It's an average, which means some corps do better relative to that, and some do worse. Pacific Crest did better, vaulting them ahead of The Academy... for now.

(5) If you want a better ranking... PERFORM.

• Like 5