What shows will you attend in the remainder of this season?

DeKalb, IL

Murfreesboro, TN

Huntsville, AL

Atlanta, GA

Allentown, PA (DCI Eastern Classic Friday & Saturday)

Indy (Prelims, Semis, Finals)

:thumbup:

Last year, DatR was rained out, so I made a spur-of-the-moment decision and went to San Antonio. That was a good decision because I got to see so many more corps and I got to spend the free day with my son.

This year, though, my son isn't marching...the weather looks good for tomorrow in Denver...so that'll be the only live show for me. I might take in a fan network show and likely the theater show for championship week.

• Like 1

I’ll be in DeKalb too

Do you recall back in 2005 when we disagreed in that thread about the tuning of tenors?

No.

Well I do

Finally !

Heh!

So what will you be wearing, how will I find you?

Thanks

Not sure what the wardbrobe of the day will be. Maybe I'll wear a VK Alumni shirt. That way I wont have to choose between SCV and Regiment stuff. I'd love to catch a little bit of lot stuff, but SCV goes on in the middle and Regiment is last. You might find me grabbing a hot dog during BD. :ph34r:

Let me find out if my father-in-law got the tiokets yet and I might be able to let you know where we're sitting.

Garry in Vegas

DeKalb, IL

Murfreesboro, TN

Huntsville, AL

Atlanta, GA

Allentown, PA (DCI Eastern Classic Friday & Saturday)

Indy (Prelims, Semis, Finals)

:thumbup:/>/>

Hey, Michael! I'd love to meet you at DeKalb and thank you again for the semi-finals tickets from Pasadena.

It is great that you are going to DeKalb for the show next Saturday but am wondering why you would not go to the drum corps show being held there next Sunday???? :tongue:/>

DUH! Yeah, Sunday. Flying into ORD Saturday, going to the show with the family, and flying home to LAS Monday. Leaving little one with Grandma and Grandpa. Coming back out 8/6-7 to bring her home. Hmmmmm....wonder if the in-laws would like to go to Michigan City for OC Finals? We can sleep on the flight home Wednesday!

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

For us, it'll be:

1. Maybe Round Rock
  2. Charlotte
  3. Atlanta
  4. Allentown
  5. Semi-finals
  6. Finals

Possibly going to Avon Lake, probably going to Massillon, which is always nice because it's one of the last shows before Finals Week starts. Pretty cool to see a corps' near-finished product, especially after seeing some of them in their first shows at Akron and on the FanNetwork.

I'll be at Avon Lake (Aug. 3); I've convinced two co-workers to join me to watch this Open Class show.

I'm also going to Massillon (Aug. 6), and just asked several other co-workers if they'd like to come; I haven't heard back to know if anyone will take me up on that. (It is a work night, and more than twice as far as Avon Lake from here.) To miss this year's shows by Cadets (whom I saw at Akron, Bowling Green, and Pittsburgh) and Crown (at least by most accounts on these forums; I've been deliberately avoiding video) on that night, when they are nearly at their best, would be a huge mistake.

Besides that, I'm planning to attend Erie (Jul. 31), probably Centerville (Aug. 5), and perhaps DCI Finals (Aug. 10), despite my misgivings about last year.

I'm also going, for the second time, to DCA Finals (Sep. 1), this year with a friend who's gone once each to Allentown and DCI Finals. Like me, he preferred the former, so I'm hoping he enjoys Annapolis as much as I did last year. It had some of the same vibe, and was great fun. Unfortunately, two of the corps I found most entertaining then, Renegades and Kidsgrove Scouts, won't be there this year. So I hope that Cadets2 demonstrate not only the proficiency they showed last year but also manage to be entertaining, that FusionCorps adds to the fun they brought last time with an even more technically accomplished show, that Carolina Gold moves successfully into Open Class, that Hurricanes recover after a rough start, that Bushwackers demonstrate they're on the road to recovery after nearly folding last year, that CV has their best finish ever, that Kilties do likewise (as an all-age corps), that Sunrisers return impressively to Open Class, and that Empire Statesmen go out with a big bang. (Fortunately, early indications expressed in these forums seem to be that Buccaneers will be as solid as is typical for them in recent years, with Minnesota Brass and Caballeros at least not too far behind.) And that the two of them I don't get to see are so good it will be a real shame I missed them, while the four Class A Finalists all present brilliant jewels of shows.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Last year, DatR was rained out, so I made a spur-of-the-moment decision and went to San Antonio. That was a good decision because I got to see so many more corps and I got to spend the free day with my son.

This year, though, my son isn't marching...the weather looks good for tomorrow in Denver...so that'll be the only live show for me. I might take in a fan network show and likely the theater show for championship week.

I'd love to say "Howdy" at the DATR show tomorrow night.

• Like 1

San Antonio, Mustang, possibly Allentown