Could SCV be a dark horse?

For starters; 1988 Madison Scouts. :lookaround:/>/> A week before finals they were just barely beating the Velvet Knights. NO ONE saw it coming!

One week before finals in 1988 the Scouts were more than 4 points up on VK.

• Like 1

One week before finals in 1988 the Scouts were more than 4 points up on VK.

Oh really? Is that a fact?

Friday August 12, 1988

Wichita Falls TXDCIPositionCorpsScore1 Madison Scouts 94.400 2 Velvet Knights 93.000 3 Freelancers 86.100 4 Sky Ryders 84.900 5 British Crusaders 58.400 6 Black Gold 56.600

• Like 1

Oh really? Is that a fact?

Friday August 12, 1988

Wichita Falls TXDCIPositionCorpsScore1 Madison Scouts 94.400 2 Velvet Knights 93.000 3 Freelancers 86.100 4 Sky Ryders 84.900 5 British Crusaders 58.400 6 Black Gold 56.600

Boom.

I dont think they are as dirty as people make them out to be but thats a matter of personal opinion.

The fact that their content numbers are above their achievement numbers (as MANY have pointed out already on this thread) proves you wrong.

And I think Bluecoats in particular have the right design to make it back into medal contention as well.

I don't know man. That one is looking pretty unlikely after last night. Coats were just 2 tenths over Cavaliers at the TOC show last night and Cavies are still trying to beat Madison, much less catch one of the top 3. Check out these scores. And SCV actually looks hopeful for a medal. Especially since their content numbers are still driving the scores and NOT the achievement numbers...

Tour of Champions - Central Missouri

Carolina Crown 85.450

Blue Devils 84.100

The Cadets 83.900

Santa Clara Vanguard 82.350

Phantom Regiment 80.750

Bluecoats 78.500

The Cavaliers 78.300

Looks to me like Coats will do well just to place in the top 6 or 7 and with Cavies that close possibly even as low as 8th. SCV on the other hand looks promising.

Edited by bmjfelts1988

I don't know man. That one is looking pretty unlikely after last night. Coats were just 2 tenths over Cavaliers at the TOC show last night and Cavies are still trying to beat Madison, much less catch one of the top 3. Check out these scores. And SCV actually looks hopeful for a medal. Especially since their content numbers are still driving the scores and NOT the achievement numbers...

Tour of Champions - Central Missouri

Carolina Crown 85.450

Blue Devils 84.100

The Cadets 83.900

Santa Clara Vanguard 82.350

Phantom Regiment 80.750

Bluecoats 78.500

The Cavaliers 78.300

Looks to me like Coats will do well just to place in the top 6 or 7 and with Cavies that close possibly even as low as 8th. SCV on the other hand looks promising.

I think when Bloo cleans their show up they will score higher. I loved the changes they made last night but as someone mentioned (in the TOC show thread from yesterday) their have been thunderstorms ripping through the area, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't really have enough time to get the changes ready.

Bloo's show has absolute potential, in my mind, to overtake Phantom. Just about cleanliness.

However, this thread is about SCV, and I think based on last night's performance they have real potential to medal. I hope they add more story to it, maybe use the props more? Who knows, there's a lot of season left to go.

I definitely agree at this point. Bluecoats looked promising to me after the cinecast, but after last night, they're not really in contention, and I've soured on the overall design, mainly how little their brass actually plays. But I'm thinking SCV has a shot, for sure.

Personally I think SCV is getting robbed in the GE department! That show just rips my heart out! worthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gif

Ditto! Vanguard's show is a thing of beauty.(not sure there is another show, this year, that fits that description). :inlove:

For starters; 1988 Madison Scouts. :lookaround:/>/>/>/> A week before finals they were just barely beating the Velvet Knights. NO ONE saw it coming!

One week out of finals Scouts were

.40 behind SCV in Tulsa

.20 over SCV finals

I'm loving SCV 2013

Edited by Cop