Troopers

The Academy

825p Blue Knights

832p Santa Clara Vanguard

849p Carolina Crown

906p Blue Devils

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Hello! New Guy here. Been reading here for about 2 years now and a few people on the DATR discussion convinced me to join. Just got validated this morning. Definitely will be following tonight!

• Like 4

So it's pretty much Drums Along the Rockies Round 2?

I'm interested to see if Troopers keep close to Blue Knights in the music captions, in Casper AND Denver, they were only a tenth or two behind in Music Analysis and only .2 behind in percussion in Denver. Visual was a good portion of that three point spread. I'm starting to really think they're a finalist contender, by no means a sure thing though. This seems to be the last day before groups that haven't seen eachother all season start to meet up before the big show in Minneapolis on Saturday. This is an interesting week to see how the groups in the West and Midwest fit in with the groups out East.

My prediction is BD closes the gap but Crown still beats BD by .2 of a point. BD starts to gain momentum between now and Minneapolis (just like 2011). Unlike 2011 however, I feel BD charges all the way to the championship. Seems like the BD design team has had a lot of things to figure out with this show and are making the necessary changes now instead of cleaning. They are still really dirty. But lets face it, no one can clean up drill quite like the BD visual staff!

I'm starting to dig Troopers show! I really feel that it's a very well coordinated show. Is it finals worthy? I don't believe it is but only time will tell! Without a doubt it is definitely a step in the right direction for them!

SCV - LOVE the use of the back drops to hide the hornline as they play against the back stands. Brilliant!

Old "Wild Kingdom" script:

Marlin Perkins:

Hi folks, I'm Marlin Perkins and welcome to Mutual of Omaha's Wiiiiiiiild Kingdom!!

Marlin:

Folks, today we are here on the African Serengeti. I'm high up on this bluff out of the way. I just sent my assistant Jim Fowler down into that shallow valley to carefully sneak up on that large pride of lions and kick the male lion in the groin while it's sleeping. Let's be very quiet, watch and see what happens.

Poor Fowler always had to do the dirty work..........it's a wonder he's still alive today!

• Like 1

Now that THE ACADEMY has had a chance to regain their footing in Denver, after a three week Hiatus from competition, I expect to see their scores elevate throughout their four-shows leading up to Minn. I'm hoping to see them ranked somewhere in the neighborhood of 15th come this weekend. What do you folks think?

Does anyone have the OTL times for the corps? I have a tight schedule and need to get there just as the first corps goes on.

I think Cascades hit 60

Academy breaks 70

Troopers ahead of Academy by 2.5- 72.5-

BK skips 75 and hits 76 tonight

SCV scores closer to BD 81.7

BD loses ground to Crown 83.0

Crown by 1.5 points or more 84.5

• Like 2