San Antonio Showdown

it's where the mics are placed - doesn't sound that way in person / SCV sounded more balanced as their speakers were five years further out than most of the corps...

Yes, I've seen it live and didn't even realize there was synth going on in those sections. The Fan Network feed was getting a very bad mix. Batman is the guy who placed the mikes, so I blamed him. :thumbup:

1374373757[/url]' post='3290559']

Let's not confuse Chuck with Bob, OK?

Garry in Vegas

Hey Garry, I got it from BlueDevils '92. He said looks down on the flugelhorn soloist. rolleyes.gif

Not liking narration is perfectly fine. But it's when you say things like "Corps A used too much narration, so they should have scored much lower" that people will start to question your credibility.

I have been listening to Crown's show a lot lately and my jaw still just drops! They have such a difficult brass book and they play it like a normal musician plays chopsticks. The flow and lack of any kind of mistake is literally scary. This hornline is phenomenal and one of the best ever. I do have to agree that sometimes the narration seemed to get in the way, but, it was not extremely overdone.