San Antonio Showdown

Not liking narration is perfectly fine. But it's when you say things like "Corps A used too much narration, so they should have scored much lower" that people will start to question your credibility.

I have been listening to Crown's show a lot lately and my jaw still just drops! They have such a difficult brass book and they play it like a normal musician plays chopsticks. The flow and lack of any kind of mistake is literally scary. This hornline is phenomenal and one of the best ever. I do have to agree that sometimes the narration seemed to get in the way, but, it was not extremely overdone.

• Like 1

In my opinion I would say:

1. Blue Devils

2. The Cadets

3. Carolina Crown

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. The Bluecoats

6. Phantom Regiment

7. Madison Scouts

8. Blue Knights

9. The Cavaliers

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Spirit of Atlanta

12. Crossmen

13. Blue Stars

14. Troopers

15. The Colts

16. Pacific Crest

17. The Academy

18. Oregon Crusader

19. The Mandarins

20. Jersey Surf

21. Cascades

22. Pioneer

Drumline Battle was painful. Fuzzy 16th notes are never pretty, boys and girls.

amen brother

• Like 1

How does BD keep getting so much credit for their guard. Half the guard doesn't even really touch equipment until a good 3 minutes in, there's no body under tosses - ever, and they basically just pick up equipment, run to their sets and then do work on place. I even saw flags just walking front field with their flags stripped and no work!!

I just don't get it - other guards would get murdered for doing any of the above!!!

If another guard were performing with rifles, sabers, flags, poles, hula hoops, red bouncy balls, and half moons while integrating some of the Ballet Ruses' original "Rite of Spring" choreography into their program, I suspect they'd be getting a lot of credit, actually. Just like Crown is getting a lot of credit for doing just as much with a more classic design.

Personally, I think it's a testament to the open-mindedness of the judges that guards with such radically different design philosophies as BD and Crown can still manage to be neck and neck, duking it out all season. I think that's incredibly cool. They're both at the top of their game. SCV and Phantom, too.

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 3

This (IMO) is dumb.

I'm beginning to like INT better than BD these days and thats not a good thing.