San Antonio Showdown

From a personal perspective, I can see why BD won. Not a huge fan of the show personally, but you have to respect what they're doing out there, especially now that it's getting clean

• Like 4

I'm not a BD hater and I'm not a crown fanboy and I can honestly say if this is how DCI is "evolving" with shows like BD winning...this is going to turn more people off than on

Which box is that in?

• Like 1

Im sorry BD SHOULD NOT BE WINNING VISUAL!!!!!!! performance maybe because their technique is flawless, but visual analysis and GE visual they should be 3rd or 4th....the drill writing is bad and they DO NOT INTEGRATE THE TUBAS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!!! How can you be considered a top tier corps and treat your tuba section like a high school sousaphone section?....I am 34 and fat and can probably walk into BD's tuba drill with no problem. Integrating the tubas into the main form really changes the level of difficulty and it is something that Cadets and Crown do very well.

Im not saying BD is bad, I am saying that a specific part of their show design philosophy creates a much lower level of difficulty compared to their piers. (I am talking top6 corps) When they as close to their competition as they are this year, I believe that challenge should win.

• Like 4

Could be no looking back now.

There is some mighty early celebrating going on here. .25 is not much of a margin.

Crown wins brass and guard. :thumbup:/> Fifth in percussion. :doh:/> Third in Music GE. :blink:/>

BD wins Visual Performance. :huh:/>

Cadets sixth in guard. :thumbdown:/>

BK 12th in drums. 5th in guard. :blink:/>

Good ole Jackie Giley. really :thumbdown:

Crown wins brass and guard. :thumbup:/> Fifth in percussion. :doh:/> Third in Music GE. :blink:/>

BD wins Visual Performance. :huh:/>

Cadets sixth in guard. :thumbdown:/>

BK 12th in drums. 5th in guard. :blink:/>

Good ole Jackie Giley. really :thumbdown:

Crown's perc. may keep them from the championship, likewise Cadets' guard. In the age of guard figuring into the final score, what's the lowest a corps had placed? I'm only coming up with 4th in 2008.

• Like 2