San Antonio Showdown

I have to agree with you. And the worst part about the type of shows that the Blue Devils have been winning with is that I am starting to see other corps being dragged into that hole of boring, concept over entertainment, low demand shows that they have been performing. This is first time since the unfortunate mythology show of 2002 that have not enjoyed Carolina Crown. Are they trying to win by becoming Blue Devils East? Their seems to be an attitude that if you can't beat 'em join 'em.......... making this one of the least interesting seasons since the mid '90s.

Carolina Crown this season is a far cry from the Corps that did Bohemian Rhapsody, Triple Crown, Rach Star, Grass is Greener, etc... They changed their unis to a decidely " different look ", and this Einstein show is no day at the beach in terms of audience grasp of theme. I would say they have taken a moderate trek into the world of the Strange and the Weird, but not with both feet. Music is still entertaining, with great appeal still, imo.

However, if BD wins this year with this bizarre show of The Wrongs of Spring with music that is befitting as a music backdrop for finger nails being dragged along a blackboard, then watch out for Crown in 2014. My hunch that in order to beat BD, Crown will jump in with both feet into the World of the Chronically Weird for 2014.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

Carolina Crown this season is a far cry from the Corps that did Bohemian Rhapsody, Triple Crown, Rach Star, Grass is Greener, etc... They changed their unis to a decidely " different look ", and this Einstein show is no day at the beach in terms of audience grasp of theme. I would say they have taken a moderate trek into the world of the Strange and the Weird, but not with both feet. Music is still entertaining, with great appeal still, imo.

However, if BD wins this year with this bizarre show of The Wrongs of Spring with music that is befitting as a music backdrop for finger nails being dragged along a blackboard, then watch out for Crown in 2014. My hunch that in order to beat BD, Crown will jump in with both feet into the World of the Chronically Weird for 2014.

This.

• Like 2

If crown beat BD in percussion (they were down .35 because of percussion and lost by .25) they would have won. The low scores in GE - which they've been winning - I'd attribute to the sloppiness of the new stuff. It'll be polished by August though so honestly I think they'll be fine.

There are some who would say that the "huge staff member" was part of their problem.

Let me get this straight. Are you implying “Sully” "the huge staff member" let's not play games, was the problem or so you heard? Do your sources think he’s “Over-the-Hill”, “A-Has-Been” or “Washed Up”, what are they saying?

I’ve read all over the place that B.K.’s 2012 show was one of their favorites in quite some time but I may be wrong.

Do you really know why there was a parting of the ways with some of the B.K. Staff members this year or are you just speculating? Some of the staff members left yet all them are employed by one corps or another. My son who had been with B.K. for 14-years, went with Sully to “The Colts” as did some other staff members.

I really want to know what your sources are saying about Sully because he is a brilliant man and has so much more to produce; he is and has been and a wonderful mentor to my son and he is my friend!

For the record, having both my kid’s perform and be on the staff of B.K. and having been a member of the B.K. family for 14 year I am and always will be one of their biggest fans. What I dream of is B.K. compete like the Blue Coats and Carolina Crown have; they are the quintessential examples for all corps that going to the top can and has been done!

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom
  • Like 8

Let me get this straight. Are you implying “Sully” "the huge staff member" let's not play games, was the problem or so you heard? Do your sources think he’s “Over-the-Hill”, “A-Has-Been” or “Washed Up”, what are they saying?

I’ve read all over the place that B.K.’s 2012 show was one of their favorites in quite some time but I may be wrong.

Do you really know why there was a parting of the ways with some of the B.K. Staff members this year or are you just speculating? Some of the staff members left yet all them are employed by one corps or another. My son who had been with B.K. for 14-years, went with Sully to “The Colts” as did some other staff members.

I really want to know what your sources are saying about Sully because he is a brilliant man and has so much more to produce; he is and has been and wonderful mentor to my son and he is my friend!

For the record, having both my kid’s perform and be on the staff of B.K. and having been a member of the B.K. family for 14 year I am and always will be one of their biggest fans. What I dream of is B.K. compete like the Blue Coats and Carolina Crown have; they are the quintessential examples for all corps that going to the top can and has been done!

Can we seriously get this straight and find out who that big staff member is? I marched BK and I feel they've lost tons of "big" staff members. I think we can all agree Joni took that brassline somewhere it's never been before and it's still recovering from losing her, so it can't be her. Wooooooo? (and why)

Let me get this straight. Are you implying "Sully" "the huge staff member" let's not play games, was the problem or so you heard? Do your sources think he's "Over-the-Hill", "A-Has-Been" or "Washed Up", what are they saying?

I've read all over the place that B.K.'s 2012 show was one of their favorites in quite some time but I may be wrong.

Do you really know why there was a parting of the ways with some of the B.K. Staff members this year or are you just speculating? Some of the staff members left yet all them are employed by one corps or another. My son who had been with B.K. for 14-years, went with Sully to "The Colts" as did some other staff members.

I really want to know what your sources are saying about Sully because he is a brilliant man and has so much more to produce; he is and has been and a wonderful mentor to my son and he is my friend!

For the record, having both my kid's perform and be on the staff of B.K. and having been a member of the B.K. family for 14 year I am and always will be one of their biggest fans. What I dream of is B.K. compete like the Blue Coats and Carolina Crown have; they are the quintessential examples for all corps that going to the top can and has been done!

I apologize, Tricia. I never intended to cause a brouhaha in this thread. Sometimes I just open my big mouth.

I'll reply to you in a PM.

So you don't like BKs show and goes as far as calling it a sarcastic name but then confuse what Boston's guard got with..... BK who was 5th.... Classic Foot In Mouth Time, want some salt.... I'm kidding don't read hate from this just made me laugh:)

I so deserve the salt and yes it was pretty mean what I wrote please forgive as one gets excited who they love.

No forgiveness I love Boston too... Two people that are also great friends? BAC and BKs Corps Directors.... We all get riled up and I was salting your words in fun.... It's ok to be passionate, I'm the biggest BK Homer and proud of it. We should all be emotionally charged for our corps otherwise life would be boring:)