Why the Bluecoats are overlooked at times

Word has it very few ageouts from last year. Pretty much an entirely new visual and percussion staff. Should be interesting, but a medal is certainly not out of the question.

In regards to percussion, the leadership is the same. Then I count 5 techs that were not on staff last year. 4 of which are homegrown, which maintains consistency from previous years. The one that is not "homegrown" comes from Rhythm X where he has been involved with most of his peers at Bluecoats for a few years already. So again, not much fundamental change going on here.

Edited by mingusmonk

Any insights into the new Guard people heading the caption. Looks like a whole new group mostly. Just curious if anyone has insight into the new peope and what they may bring. In the past couple of years Guard scores were lower for the corps than their overall placement. Thanks

Wait, not a big deal? Didn't they get into finals for the first time and beat you guys when you marched? Had that same thing happen to me over a decade later. It was a BIG freaking deal. lol I'm angry about it to this day.

Yes, they beat Sky Ryders in '87. They seemed to come out of nowhere and I wasn't really all that impressed with them at the time. I'll take another look and see what they look like in 2014. I was more ticked that Star made it to the top 12 their 1st year in '85.

Yes, they beat Sky Ryders in '87. They seemed to come out of nowhere and I wasn't really all that impressed with them at the time.

You could at least have been consoled by Sky Ryders having improved more than the Bluecoats over the course of that season: their deficit was cut from 6.4 points in their first meeting in June down to just 3.8 points in Finals.