mission drums

Don we where wrong on Cabs but i was right on target with Empires score very close on Fusion ,off 1 tenth on Hurs and gave Winsor 2 points higher

Cabs -------84.50

Empire ----83.90

fusion -----77.45

Hucs ------72.60

wins-------66.20

Prediction

Cabs ----82.10

Empire -83,90

Fusion -78.30

Hurs ----72.50

Wins ---68.30

• Like 1

so fran basically you're saying ............YOU CHOKED.......... tongue.gif. i did the same thing at DCA in 1980. in fact i missed a whole lick. shutup.gif

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

so fran basically you're saying ............YOU CHOKED.......... tongue.gif. i did the same thing at DCA in 1980. in fact i missed a whole lick. shutup.gif

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I know you were all dying of suspense - Made it before last call, after Cabs' encore! Hello Mr. Walker! Good night all - Let's do it again in a couple weeks :-)

Manning Bowl... 1981. We (Sun) won the Boston Cup show that night.

However... the mellophone/French horn duet I was a part of in "Late in the Evening" didn't go so well that evening. LOL. The mellophone player and I both... well... sucked that night. :tongue:/>

By far our worst performance of the duet all season, even counting rehearsals. We gacked that thing beyond all comprehension at the Lynn show.

So, of course our corps wins the show... and the whole corps wants to listen to the judges' tapes. Over... and over... and over... including, of course, the frackfest. Go figure. :lol:/>

similar story from 1976 - first note of Procession of the Nobles my rotary (on my *#@**^ Smith baritone - the horns were so bad they used a pseudonym like checking into the No Tell Motel) breaks. I can't play the show - I have to cue the late Georgie Smith to play the solo in Spain. I'm downhearted (seeing as I'm also the brass guy). What happens?

Sun wins - only time we beat Hawthorne all year. You think I caught any #### about that? "hey Ray, maybe you should take yourself out of the show altogether!" (Thanks, Pete)

I feel your pain... although I don't remember gacking any solos or duets while I was playing in Sun. :thumbup:

• Like 1

:lookaround:/>

Edited by rayfallon

No offense to the exhibition or alumni corps, I truly mean no disrespect, but as a marching member of a competing corps I found it to be a bit too much. When I marched, I enjoyed the shows, but if you had to wait for 3 exhibition corps or alumni corps, THEN full corps retreat it ended up being a long night and long travels home.

So when are the exhibition or alumni corps supposed to get a chance to perform? We do it for the same reasons that you used to... the thrill of putting on a show. By the way, I am not sure when the Defenders went on, but we (Bridgemen) and Cabs Alumni closed the show, and did so to standing ovations. So, we (the exhibition corps) win, and the crowd wins. Sorry about the long travel home (we ALL know how much that sucks) but give us geezers a break! :)

• Like 2

So when are the exhibition or alumni corps supposed to get a chance to perform? We do it for the same reasons that you used to... the thrill of putting on a show. By the way, I am not sure when the Defenders went on, but we (Bridgemen) and Cabs Alumni closed the show, and did so to standing ovations. So, we (the exhibition corps) win, and the crowd wins. Sorry about the long travel home (we ALL know how much that sucks) but give us geezers a break! :)

even though i always hated exhibitions i think they play a key role at shows. they are not constrained by rules or being clean. they just put on a show that everybody loves. there is a big place for them. i say keep it up. the more the merrier. ah but we always have to complain about something. so here's something............i say we live on planet earth. who disagrees?

Some of the Alumni shows are a bit lengthy and need a hook from the old vaudeville days to get them off the field but then again they are performing in the 120 range :sleeping:/>

Here are the scores from the Alumni portion of the show: :w00t:/>/>

Defenders 97.9 :thumbup:/>/>

Bridgemen 97.9 :thumbup:/>/>

Caballeros 97.9 :thumbup:/>/>

In typical DCA fashion the scores will go up by Annapolis :tongue:/>/>

Edited by LucyGuy66
  • Like 4