downingtown

Wow... remember those "Magic 8-Ball" things?

You could just keep shaking the thing until the saying you wanted to see popped up. tongue.gif

i still have one...........that's MY crystal ball. lookaround.gif

Wow... remember those "Magic 8-Ball" things?

You could just keep shaking the thing until the saying you wanted to see popped up. :tongue:/>

I dunno about that. I keep shakin' mine and it says "ANSWER UNCLEAR TRY AGAIN".... :satisfied:

Saw some of the Mummer comments- Seen them BITD when some of my WCU friends were performing with a few of the bands. The better ones did perform to a higher quality level as well as had the better concepts and costumes. Even with the Mummers, performance quality obviously meant a lot in placement.

I'm house sitting this week and need to retrieve my notes from the contest before I really dig into this. I'll do that late Monday after work when I can grab the notes from my apartment. Overall, I was pretty excited about what I saw with one area of disappointment.

I think I may have felt more comfortable about the scoring gaps than others may have felt- C2 chould have been somewhat tighter to the top two if I had my druthers, but John's comments about deriving excitement from achievement are pretty salient.

The Cavies made doing exactly that their bread and butter for years. It was one of Empire's cornerstones when they were winning as well. When I saw the Brigs during their hot streak, it was also obvious how much cleaner they were in respect to the opposition. Excellence is more important than some folks would dare ever admit. :whistle:

Whoever was there, I want to hear your thoughts on MBI and bucs! Does MBI have a shot at winning title #2 in 3 years or will bucs win again?

I enjoyed the Downingtown show but can't fully enjoy the 2013 MBI show 100% because it seems extremely similar to a 2009 DCA with some many crosses and even a DCA show from last season...... Way too close for me.

2011 is much different than this year. In my opinion - I liked MBI. That year but felt that reminded me too much of a DCA show from 2010. I guess just another white elephant.

PC is not a strong thing for me when things are staring you right in the eye. Again - I like both groups but I have never seen or heard reading stronger.

• Like 1

I hear ya, Don!!!

I think the latest my junior corps went was the weekend after Labor Day. That weekend was the NJ American Legion state championship in Wildwood. Then done for the season.

Except for a million fireman's parades in the fall. :tongue:/>

I love the fireman's parades around here.

Great people, free beer and hot dogs at the end. Plus the money ain't bad at all!

Great people, free beer and hot dogs at the end. Plus the money ain't bad at all!

i hated marching in them. i hated all parades and exhibitions. but we made a ton of money so i did them.

• Like 1

I hear you. Making $ is a good reason to do parades.

Edited by Kyle B

That was the best part... the free eats/drinks at the end!!! :thumbup:

The downside... some of the parades we did back in the day went on seemingly forever. Like miles and miles, sometimes for entire stretches past farm fields, etc., with either few or no people watching.

I sometimes wondered why parade committees didn't design a route that was more, shall we say, marcher-friendly. :tongue:

That was the best part... the free eats/drinks at the end!!! :thumbup:/>

The downside... some of the parades we did back in the day went on seemingly forever. Like miles and miles, sometimes for entire stretches past farm fields, etc., with either few or no people watching.

I sometimes wondered why parade committees didn't design a route that was more, shall we say, marcher-friendly. :tongue:/>

Most of the Fireman's parades I marched were between 1965 and 1969, when I was 12-16...I used to love the birch beer us youngin's would get at the beer truck. Buy a cup and get free refills!

I do remember marching past fields full of these...

Funny-Cow-18.jpg

Most of the Fireman's parades I marched were between 1965 and 1969, when I was 12-16...I used to love the birch beer us youngin's would get at the beer truck. Buy a cup and get free refills!

I do remember marching past fields full of these...

Funny-Cow-18.jpg

Too funny ... in my early days with Jr. corps we would routinely stop and serenade the cows ... no people ... just cows ... LOL ...

:-)