If BD Wins, We Riot!

I will say that going back and watching '92 on Fan Network just now gave me a tingle, but in some regards it rekindled my frustration. The Blue Devils were a corps that brought people to their feet as much or more than any corps in history.

I will say that going back and watching '92 on Fan Network just now gave me a tingle, but in some regards it rekindled my frustration. The Blue Devils were a corps that brought people to their feet as much or more than any corps in history.

True that, Granny. Right there with you. Ask Plan9; I'm no BD honk and I'm not enthused with their programming this year, either, particularly after the mid-season changes.

But that dodges the point, doesn't it?

Why would anyone face the field and boo a performance instead of facing the press box and booing the outcome?

:blink:/>

"When a Man Loves a Woman" had that effect on people that year.

The good thing in Atlanta over the weekend and perhaps someone pointed this out already. There was no corps on the field in Atlanta when the scores were announced. Just DCI staff and you could see their reaction as that was the loudest upset crowd I have yet to hear at a Drum Corp Show. You could almost see them go yikes, I need to get out of here. So thankfully none of the kids from any corps witnessed that. That's perhaps why it was so loud to finally get DCI attention for a change.

Why not, instead, find Dave Gibbs down on the track, get in HIS face, and boo?

Well...this just isn't very practical, is it? I'm not sure 99% of people would know what Gibbs looks like. Although it does make me giggle a bit to visualize several hundred fans gathered around the Blue Devils staff bus (presuming Gibbs is on it) booing.

So, below is his email address and his photo in case you see him at a show and want to personally boo him (please put it on youtube if you do). Below is a screenshot of the email I just sent.

dgibbs@bluedevils.org

gibbs.jpg

boo.jpg

• Like 7

The good thing in Atlanta over the weekend and perhaps someone pointed this out already. There was no corps on the field in Atlanta when the scores were announced. Just DCI staff and you could see their reaction as that was the loudest upset crowd I have yet to hear at a Drum Corp Show. You could almost see them go yikes, I need to get out of here. So thankfully none of the kids from any corps witnessed that. That's perhaps why it was so loud to finally get DCI attention for a change.

Well, here's the solution!

End the retreat and bring just the judges and corps staffs onto the field to receive awards!

Then boo away!

But isn't this the same as fan voting with all of its problems (regional, qualification, etc)?

Well...this just isn't very practical, is it? I'm not sure 99% of people would know what Gibbs looks like. Although it does make me giggle a bit to visualize several hundred fans gathered around the Blue Devils staff bus (presuming Gibbs is on it) booing.

So, below is his email address and his photo in case you see him at a show and want to personally boo him (please put it on youtube if you do). Below is a screenshot of the email I just sent.

dgibbs@bluedevils.org

gibbs.jpg

boo.jpg

Way to go, Granny! Lead the parade!

As far as practicality is concerned, we're talking about fans at the show booing, so it's safe to assume DG is down there on the track.

How about a chant: "Boo Gibbs! Boo Gibbs! Boo Gibbs!"

You know, like "the wave", or that other phrase football fans yell after a bad call.

:tongue:/>

dgibbs@bluedevils.org

gibbs.jpg

boo.jpg

Wait...

Much like your DCP photo, how do we know that Dave Gibbs isn't actually a 70 year old woman in a hair net?

Wait...

Much like your DCP photo, how do we know that Dave Gibbs isn't actually a 70 year old woman in a hair net?

Now that you've suggested we personally accost and boo him at shows, It might be a good idea for him to go to shows incognito.

dgibbs@bluedevils.org

gibbs.jpg

boo.jpg

Granny Smith, I don't know who you are, but I like your style!