Will SCV Pass Cadets at DCI East?

I'm so dissapointed with the Cadets score from last night. When I saw this show live in Lafayette last month, I really thought they would be ahead of Crown shortly and take the gold. They did pass crown later in the week but it sure seems that the show has stalled significantly. I don't know what the changes are, but going from San Antonio to Allentown they have lost ground in visual GE, which makes no sense if the changes were improvements. Based on the hype, it certainly sounds like SCV will pass the Cadets next week in Indy.

The Cadets seriously need to turn it on and go for it with gusto. That's the only way to keep in 3rd and possibly climb higher. Seems like the same stall occured last year at this point and Phantom overtook them.

I think the Cadets are falling short because it feels to me like they are missing a lot of passion. Technically they are great, but they never really stir me in any way. The show seems sterile.

SCV on the other hand, has a little less musical demand, but a hell of a lot more heart. They rouse the emotions and capture the crowd. Outstanding show, and I hope to see them medal next week.

• Like 5

The panel last night saw Cadets as a total of 14 content over performer, while SCV was a total of 3 performer over content. In other works, Cadets have substantially more that they can clean in the final week.

At least some of this panel is certain to judge championship week. At least in their opinions, Cadets can get more points in the next week by continuing to clean.

I'm so dissapointed with the Cadets score from last night. When I saw this show live in Lafayette last month, I really thought they would be ahead of Crown shortly and take the gold. They did pass crown later in the week but it sure seems that the show has stalled significantly. I don't know what the changes are, but going from San Antonio to Allentown they have lost ground in visual GE, which makes no sense if the changes were improvements. Based on the hype, it certainly sounds like SCV will pass the Cadets next week in Indy.

The Cadets seriously need to turn it on and go for it with gusto. That's the only way to keep in 3rd and possibly climb higher. Seems like the same stall occured last year at this point and Phantom overtook them.

I watched the show live last night and felt the Cadets are still tentative in some areas. This robs them and us of the emotional aspect of the show. The demand of the show is high, probably highest of the top 4 or close and will take until the very end to click in. SCV on the other hand is outperforming a very good show and certainly a crowd favorite which in turn feeds the kids even more. Just looking at pure numbers, SCV will beat Cadets in Visual (mostly do to guard), Cadets will dominate in Music and GE scores should reflect that and probably tip in Cadets favor due to much higher demand content of show provided Cadets are immaculate next week. As I said, I would love BD to get edged out by these 2 corps not the other way around.

Edited by newjerseycorpguy
  • Like 1

With respect to Cadets those towers are perfect for indoor use. Perhaps using them on grass has really hampered movement. Their late season surges are legendary. I do love the SCV show the best this year though.

• Like 1

.25 behind Cadets last night. I think they catch Cadets (possibly this Sunday and maybe more by finals. SCV is catching fire!

Vangaurd has been ahead of Cadets at times in guard, visual effect, field visual and back in forth in drums....could it happen Friday night?

Last night's scores in separate shows were less than .3 apart.....

SCV was out of this world last night and between the dynamic quality of their show combined with the emotion of the music (almost cried during the backfield playing in Bring Him Home. Just so well done) with the Cadets visual problems with dressing those towers and I think Vanguard has a tremendous chance of passing the Cadets. The tower dressing was iffy last night and at one moment down right terrible on the left 30 yard line that I remember very clearly.

• Like 1

Yea while watching the (out of sync) Atlanta VOD of SCV I kept my eye on the guard and man they are great. Don't count your chickens before they hatch though. I never count out Cadets. Those guys are deadly this time of year. I sure would like to see it happen though. (no dis-respect to Cadets) All in all though both those shows sick out clearly in my mind as tunes i hum in my head. BD's too but I can hum dissonant stuff.

With respect to Cadets those towers are perfect for indoor use. Perhaps using them on grass has really hampered movement. Their late season surges are legendary. I do love the SCV show the best this year though.

Yeah, Cadets musical performance is SOLID; I'm just waiting for them to turn it on next week with some major cleaning going into Finals!

Also, excited to see what might be a real fun shoot-out in the 1st-4th place spots