Allentown 2013

A lot of boos when Crown was announced in second followed by a standing ovation for their drum majors. I mean a lot of boos.

I remember being told that BD gets nothing more than a plain stare from the audience that isn't their staff at J. Birney Crum since forever.

A lot of boos when Crown was announced in second followed by a standing ovation for their drum majors. I mean a lot of boos.

haters gonna hate

• Like 4

Holy ####, Boston took 2nd in percussion?!

Boston has a very good percussion section.

Cavaliers and Boston Crusaders right on the heels of the Bluecoats, and who would've thought this 2 weeks ago ?

Sort of surprised tonite with the Blue Knights score of 86.00

Its Crown and Blue Devils for the Title now after Allentown, it seems to me.

I don't care where the Madison Scouts and the Troopers place with the judges... I still love their shows.

Overall, Crown won Music GE, Color Guard, Brass, and Music Analysis, and one of the Visual GE judges. So, 6/10 judges, 4/8 captions. But they lost Visual (including GE) by 0.30, and they tied Music (including GE)... because their percussion exactly balanced their margin over BD on the other captions.

Cadets came in second in brass and percussion, and tied with BD for second in Music GE. Otherwise Crown and BD owned 1st and 2nd across the board.

Percussion Overall

1. 96/94 Blue Devils

2. 95/94 Cadets

3. 93/95 SCV

4. 91/91 Bluecoats

4. 91/91 Boston

6. 92/89 Crown

7. 92/88 Cavaliers

8. 88/88 Blue Stars

9. 89/85 Phantom

10. 85/87 Madison

11. 86/84 Spirit

12. 82/83 Blue Knights

Holy cow BAC tied for 4th in percussion!

• Like 2

I think someone reported it was a stadium problem. If so, don't know why it counted against the Corps. Oh, well....

From what I could see it was definitely a stadium problem. The outlet right on the 50 was not working. They ran a cable from another outlet and that don't seem to work either. Then they got the 50 outlet working. It was very odd.

We'll see. :p if they win next week, I will congratulate them. Hopefully everyone can stay civil and respectful no matter the result, but I'm not holding my breath considering it's dcp. Will probably be a giant cluster of angry and smug people all in the same place

Well look at it this way.....if you hold your breath...you won't be able to boo! :tongue:/>

• Like 1

Percussion Overall

1. 96/94 Blue Devils

2. 95/94 Cadets

3. 93/95 SCV

4. 91/91 Bluecoats

4. 91/91 Boston

6. 92/89 Crown

7. 92/88 Cavaliers

8. 88/88 Blue Stars

9. 89/85 Phantom

10. 85/87 Madison

11. 86/84 Spirit

12. 82/83 Blue Knights

I find it ironic that Crown's best chance of winning seems to be for Cadets/SCV to beat BD in drums. BD was the last line Prosperie saw. If he thinks Cadets/SCV were better, he probably gives BD 93/93. In that scenario, Crown's drum spread is -0.5 rather than -0.9 and we get a tie.