Allentown 2013

Boston has a very good percussion section.

Cavaliers and Boston Crusaders right on the heels of the Bluecoats, and who would've thought this 2 weeks ago ?

Sort of surprised tonite with the Blue Knights score of 86.00

Its Crown and Blue Devils for the Title now after Allentown, it seems to me.

I don't care where the Madison Scouts and the Troopers place with the judges... I still love their shows.

Well, finally something to agree on!

Boston has a very good percussion section.

Cavaliers and Boston Crusaders right on the heels of the Bluecoats, and who would've thought this 2 weeks ago ?

Sort of surprised tonite with the Blue Knights score of 86.00

Its Crown and Blue Devils for the Title now after Allentown, it seems to me.

I don't care where the Madison Scouts and the Troopers place with the judges... I still love their shows.

The Boston faithful believed!

RISE BAC RISE

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 5

It is so close. BD is not assured a win at all. Several times in the past, the drum line has prevented them from winning, but tonight, the great drum performance gave them the spread to eek one out.

My read is the week at Indy for BD rests on the drum line's ability to be consistent each time out. That is tough to do emotionally several times in a row.

• Like 1

A couple of thoughts after compiling the scores from both days:

Yes, I know, two different competitions, but has the 7-9 discussion become the 6-9 discussion?

The top 3 race seems to now be the top 2 race, and 3rd is a complete coin toss. Is this a result of Crown and BD really taking off, or Cadets failing to keep up?

Crossmen awfully close to the top 12. Is there a possibility that Spirit isn't as locked in to the top 12 as expected?

Interesting to see how far The Academy have fallen... from a corps that is always in the bubble discussion to one that wouldn't even make the original semi's top 17 cut-off. Could this show design have failed them more than they're willing to admit?

Pacific Crest has only broken 80 about ten times in their history. This is the EXACT same score they received on the EXACT same date in 2008 and 2009. The highest score they ever achieved was an 83.5 on July 24th, 2004 (although those scores seemed majorly inflated that week on the west coast). Their highest finals week score ever was 80.75 in 2007. Will they beat one or both of those scores this year???

Crown and BD do seem to have made a gap with this show. But the split across Friday/Saturday, regardless of judging intention, might be at play.

Two more TOC shows. Allentown tomorrow with Cadets having the best slot, and Buffalo where BD will have the best slot of the top four.

I said after the Akron cinecast WAY back in June BAC would surge in August...well well well.

I'm still honestly surprised they spent so much of the year sitting back in 10th. After I saw the show I was convinced it was another fantastic show, as good or better than last year. Will be interested to see if they can surpass last year's ranking and get up 6th. It's not impossible at this point. :thumbup:/>

• Like 2

A lot of boos when Crown was announced in second followed by a standing ovation for their drum majors. I mean a lot of boos.

Its possible that the boos will ultimately have a cumulative effect come Finals and that Carolina Crown prevails... as a matter of fact, what the heck, I 'll predict now that Carolina Crown prevails on Finals Night and wins the 2013 DCI Title. There, I said it.

• Like 4

Well look at it this way.....if you hold your breath...you won't be able to boo! :tongue:/>/>

Not like I was planning on it. Whomever wins will do it deservingly. That's the way this season has gone. I'm sure though we can count on the members to be classier than the people on here

• Like 1