My Heart, My Battle, My Soul

I hope this isn't information they wanted kept on the down-low...

But still EXTREMELY exciting!PLEASE let them have gauntlets! I've always felt gauntlets looked amazing!

OK I admit I don't know... what are gauntlets?

A sousaphone and a saxophone--and of course, they're not allowed to play either of them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

You can play a sousaphone... Saw a group do it in the past after the switch to anykey...

Saxophones aren't new to the field. Bluecoats' C Jam Blues show had some in there... Not played of course though...

OK I admit I don't know... what are gauntlets?

those wrist guard that shoot out the sides... Think like Cavies. I think Cascades has them as well. A couple corps that came straight to mind.

I hope this isn't information they wanted kept on the down-low...

But still EXTREMELY exciting!PLEASE let them have gauntlets! I've always felt gauntlets looked amazing!

Gauntlets can go burn in a fire forever and never make a return :smile:/>

Gauntlets can go burn in a fire forever and never make a return :smile:/>/>

I think they are super slick looking. Yeah they can be cumbersome especially for drummers I would imagine (don't know for sure as I was a brass player), but BOY I love the way they look.

I think they are super slick looking. Yeah they can be cumbersome especially for drummers I would imagine (don't know for sure as I was a brass player), but BOY I love the way they look.

I think drummers can have the easiest time with them since they typically get a velcro strap to tie them down and make them non-factors to their playing.

Brass players aren't affected playing-wise, but my high school days were plagued with gauntlets getting stuck in my horn, and while a sousaphone is a different beast than a marching tuba in every way imaginable, I have no high opinion of the things especially after spending a summer not having to bother with them. Hopefully, someday they can just automatically project virtual gauntlets onto a MM wrist so they get the plus of neat, crisp look, minus the hassle of easy to lose physical objects that can get in the way at times.

those wrist guard that shoot out the sides... Think like Cavies. I think Cascades has them as well. A couple corps that came straight to mind.

SCV, Crown, PC, Troopers, Crossmen, Madison have them as well. Probably a couple more I'm forgetting. They're very common, and always such a sharp look for corps who have them.

SCV, Crown, PC, Troopers, Crossmen, Madison have them as well. Probably a couple more I'm forgetting. They're very common, and always such a sharp look for corps who have them.

Crown has gauntlets in the more traditional sense of the word, as in gloves that have the wrist guard aspect already built in to the design, whereas the others have more typical marching gauntlets. Typically as of late, Crown don't have gauntlets on their uniforms.

OC threw it down tonight... even with a .5 penalty are still ahead of Academy and Mandarins. So proud of those kids... Wow what a way to enter World Class