Buffalo Wing Championships

This should really make the Blue Devils sound really good tonight.. LOL :tongue:

• Like 2

Not sure I buy this. Why would you let some stadium crew video tape your webcast and deal with the audio?

In all seriousness, whoever it is they do not understand recording acoustic instruments, mic placement, and they don't understand how to use EQ, Compression, and Limiters in order to balance the loud vs. soft and the decibel range of the instruments.

Could be that DCI had no choice ... unions and whatnot. I honestly have no clue if that's true or not, but I can buy their reasoning.

Not sure I buy this. Why would you let some stadium crew video tape your webcast and deal with the audio?

In all seriousness, whoever it is they do not understand recording acoustic instruments, mic placement, and they don't understand how to use EQ, Compression, and Limiters in order to balance the loud vs. soft and the decibel range of the instruments.

Sometimes you don't have a choice. Some stadiums require you to use their people and equipment for certain things and that may very well be the case here. That's one downside of using these major stadiums.

And its pretty obvious the camera crew nor the director have any idea what they are looking at.

But I'd wager at least a beer that they have union cards and DCI's crew doesn't.

Some stadiums don't allow A/V work from outside staff--I think DATR they have to use the stadium mikes and cameras, though they can use their own staff. So maybe something similar here? Orrrrr maybe this is just them cheaping out.

But, the G7 chose the venue, so...

Edited by skywhopper

Sad all the way around. We had to switch to high cam during Crown's show. This is just sad. We so looked forward to this feed tonight as we won't be in Indy and won't be able to see the live feed because of another commitment. Stick with high cam ... much more better. Not good ... just a little better.