Buffalo Wing Championships

God, the sound is atrocious (and not the Cadets). Who is working the sound for these guy? Stop putting your f--king microphones next to the freakin pit. The levels are bleeding into the red, sound is distorting, just a lot of ugliness on my end.

Correction: microPHONE (singular). This is mono audio. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

is it just me or are the mics really bad and the synth really REALLY loud tonight?

As i'm typing this we just lost connection. Holy #### DCI, PLEASE FIX! GOD KNOWS YOU ARENT READY FOR FINALS NIGHT WHEN YOUR ACTING UP ALREADY!

My connection's been okay on the SQ feeds, although I think the audio distortion is worse. But yes, the mike placement must be right in the path of the amps. The synth in particular seems to trigger the clipping more than the brass.

Well, they fail.

Seriously.

Regarding the awful sound, I chatted with a FN rep, and she told me that she hears the same thing we're hearing and that she's passed the message on to the sound crew on site.

And WHAT, pray tell, is the sound crew so busy with that they can't already be fixing it?!?!

Whoever is directing the camera shots has no idea that half I'd them are useless. Focus on the contras doe the last note of the opener? Sure!

I think my single espalier "jam box" I got for Xmas in 1979 sounded better.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not usually one to complain about the FN, but this is just ridiculous. I don't want to watch a SINGLE member of the guard spin a flag for 10 seconds straight, and I DO want to be able to hear the corps... not a big, jumbled, scratchy mess.