so - are Cadets and SCV REALLY in it?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Why, Crown? Why, why, why? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love? Illusions, Crown. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as DCI itself. Although, only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Crown. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Crown, why? Why do you persist?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Everything has an ending, Neo, except my love for you?

• Like 1

I thought SCV was taking guard captions now?

I want SCV to win and Cadets to come second, I also want Troopers to be in finals.

But in the immortal words of the Rolling Stones...

"But if you try sometimes well you might find..."

Saw pictures on Facebook that BD is practicing at the Colts indoor facility. Anyone know how they managed to swing that for the last few years? Must have some kind of connection to the Colts, I don't think they'd let just anybody use their indoor practice facility.

Yes, SCV and Cadets are still in it. We've seen some crazy swings point and placement wise from corps this season, there's nothing to say it couldn't happen again this weekend.

Edited by fsubone

Seriously, there should be a database somewhere of historical scores including judges down to subcaption scores. Does that exist? Is the data even available anywhere?

corpsreps.com is the place to go.

So here, for example, are the scores from 1980 finals:

http://corpsreps.com/scores.cfm?view=scoreshow&showid=1980110

When at points this season that SCV has won percussion, guard, and visual performance captions against the other three I would say their demand is pretty much on par.

• Like 2

Seriously, there should be a database somewhere of historical scores including judges down to subcaption scores. Does that exist? Is the data even available anywhere?

(I know DCP has some of the data going back to 2003, but as far as I can tell, not available in raw form.)

Here is another good site: http://www.fromthepressbox.com/dci.html They even include who the judges were. It goes back to 1972.

you can't "responsibly" give a corps a 20 with another corps yet to perform... sorry!

How about a 9.9 in field brass with four corps left to perform? Is that not responsible of the judge even if said corps ended up winning that caption?

Edited by Sideways