Interesting Note

Last time these corps see each other before DCA Championships is in Scranton .Bucs have little or no competetion in Reading ,Same holds for Cabs in Brigdeport ,.Empire Statesmen have a open weekend .So Scranton should be a hot bed for drum corps that weekend .

Edited by Florida Sun

I feel certain that C2 appreciates knowing they are No competition for the Buccs come August 24th :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

• Like 1

Last time these corps see each other before DCA Championships is in Scranton .Bucs have little or no competetion in Reading ,Same holds for Cabs in Brigdeport ,.Empire Statesmen have a open weekend .So Scranton should be a hot bed for drum corps that weekend .

Mark my words: Cadets2 will be *right there* with Cabs come Annapolis. They aren't that far back now. That gap will close with a quickness in Scranton.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

Cabs are also moving the target and making changes and improvements. I think both corps will put on really fine shows at Scranton. We'll have to see where the scores lie then.

I just see a pattern of a few folks discounting C2 here and there. They're pretty decent this year.

Cabs are also moving the target and making changes and improvements. I think both corps will put on really fine shows at Scranton. We'll have to see where the scores lie then.

I just see a pattern of a few folks discounting C2 here and there. They're pretty decent this year.

By saying they are pretty decent you just discounted them :)

Kidding of course.

They have a show by design that could take them all the way. Execution is what is killing them right now. IF they can clean and polish at a very high rate. Higher than the rest of the pack they may just have a chance.

• Like 2

C2, win championships? Really? You see them at Downingtown as compared to what MBI and the Bucs offer? Sorry. Any theoretical C2 "best run" will fall short to those programs. They also are rehearsing and improving. And really, the Cabs program is also a very solid package as well from the effect triad standpoint. I still put it ahead of the C2 package.

In terms of coordination/overall package, the top 3 right now have that element covered in spades over C2. It would take a lot more than they have now.

Miracle? Possible. I can keep open to something like it happening. But I don't put it at a very high level of probability.

• Like 5

I feel certain that C2 appreciates knowing they are No competition for the Buccs come August 24th :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/>

:withstupid:/>

C2, win championships? Really? You see them at Downingtown as compared to what MBI and the Bucs offer? Sorry. Any theoretical C2 "best run" will fall short to those programs. They also are rehearsing and improving. And really, the Cabs program is also a very solid package as well from the effect triad standpoint. I still put it ahead of the C2 package.

In terms of coordination/overall package, the top 3 right now have that element covered in spades over C2. It would take a lot more than they have now.

Miracle? Possible. I can keep open to something like it happening. But I don't put it at a very high level of probability.

Agreed. It will be Bucs and MBI 1-2 again. I dont see anyone else cracking the top 2. The question remains, who will be #1 and who will be #2.

I also think Cabs will hold 3rd just fine. Empire and C2 will battle it out come finals.

I said "could" take them all the way.

I think they will be right there with MBI and Bucs but yes will probably be a good solid point behind. But for a two year program that is quite remarkable.

Usually in DCA you have to wait years for your "Dues" check to clear the "bank" before you can even be considered for such high level placements. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

• Like 1

I also think Cabs will hold 3rd just fine. Empire and C2 will battle it out come finals.

Im looking at it from a different perspective. Taking it in from several perspectives. The sheets and design of the show tell a whole lot about what is going on.

C2 show has a whole lot of growth and has the youth and the stamina to keep piling it on. The judges will recognize that as the season goes on and will reward that.

Cabs show seems to be somewhat tapped out with not much room to grow. They can clean it up yes but not much more can be done to it from a effect stand point and I do not feel like they have the stamina to run with it like C2.

So my thoughts are its going to be Bucs and MBI shooting it out for 1 and 2. C2 narrowly in for 3rd and Cabs and Empire in a battle for 4th.

We will see very soon how this all plays out.

• Like 2