Did you purchase the 2013 Finals Broadcast?

2013 DCI Finals Broadcast  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Did you purchase the 2013 Finals Broadcast?

• Yes
    • No and have no plans to.
    • Still Undecided
  2. 2. Whether or not you purchased the broadcast, which view do you prefer, in general?

• High Camera
    • Multi-Camera (Assuming it's not like the Buffalo fiasco)
    • No Preference/I switch between both

1375946142[/url]' post='3305139']

Just curious. I am still undecided myself.

Technical Question: Will the finals broadcast use the same (or similar) technology they use in the Fan Network, like Flash Player?

I noticed that on the Fannetwork VOD schedule it shows finals. Does that mean that finals shows will be on FNa few days after finals?

I noticed that on the Fannetwork VOD schedule it shows finals. Does that mean that finals shows will be on FNa few days after finals?

According to DCIFinals.com FAQ:

The webcast will be available at DCIFinals.com until through midnight the following Sunday.

I'm guessing that it won't be available on FN though I think you might use the same login to get into DCIFinals.org.

If it wasn't my good friends going away party I would absolutely buy it. I can't justify not seeing him for a year to sit alone watching finals when I'll spend the preceding Friday and Saturday doing just that in the theater/fan network :)

IMHO, the FN's use of flash player is one of the ongoing negatives related to the quality and consistency of their video. Flash can be integrated effectively.....the Berlin Phil has their fabulous Digital Concert Hall as a splendid example.

• Like 1

You get access to the Finals VODs only if you pre-order the DVD or Blu-ray through your Fan Network account (you do get a small discount with that pre-order as well). At least, that's how it has worked in previous years.

Until just the last few years, Flash has been the only reliable way to embed video streams in web pages. Nowadays lots of browsers support certain formats (generally h.264) of video natively (in fact, that's the only way you can get video to iPads and iPhones), but according to drumcat last year, live streaming in h.264 was still not a reliable option, at least with the infrastructure they had available to them. One of the regionals, Atlanta I think, had a "beta mobile stream" which would have been the non-Flash h.264 version. Not sure if that'll be available for this week's events or not.

I think I just rambled and didn't really clarify anything there. Sorry.

• Like 2

If one purchases either of the "disc options" the Finals will be "replayed" on the FN immediately following the LIVE broadcast.