2013 Season "Ear Worms"

Wikipedia defines an "ear worm" as: An earworm is a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person's mind after it is no longer playing. Phrases used to describe an earworm include musical imagery repetition, involuntary musical imagery, and stuck song syndrome. The word earworm is a calque from the German Ohrwurm.

What 2013 Corps music can't you get out of your head? Of course for me, there are both Crown's and Spirit's shows in there. But if I exclude my kids' Corps, it would have to be SCV "Can You Hear the People Sing?" (My wife says this also.) There are also some BD phrases--the Rite of Spring motif and there's a jazzy spot in the show I keep hearing.

So, what are your 2013 ear worms?

The Jazz bit from BD and the counting from Crown come to mind, as well as This Bitter Earth/On the Nature of Daylight from BK.

My first earworm from the SCV show was actually Castle on a Cloud. I also get the staccato eighth note part from BD stuck in my head, but not the eighth notes, but the musical bits in between. For Crown it's actually not the counting, but the Bertrand Moren piece and the "Walking With Heroes" piece by Paul Lovatt Cooper.

Wikipedia defines an "ear worm" as: An earworm is a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person's mind after it is no longer playing. Phrases used to describe an earworm include musical imagery repetition, involuntary musical imagery, and stuck song syndrome. The word earworm is a calque from the German Ohrwurm.

What 2013 Corps music can't you get out of your head? Of course for me, there are both Crown's and Spirit's shows in there. But if I exclude my kids' Corps, it would have to be SCV "Can You Hear the People Sing?" (My wife says this also.) There are also some BD phrases--the Rite of Spring motif and there's a jazzy spot in the show I keep hearing.

So, what are your 2013 ear worms?

I would definitely have to vote for the book your son is playing now. I hope CC retains Also Sprach Zarathustra for future use; I think Crown could do an awesome show based on Eumir Deodato's jazz/funk version of ASZ that he released back in 1973 (yes, I am older and have the LP which stands for LONG PLAYING record for our younger readers.)

On the flip side, BD's current show makes me want to hum the "stock" fight scene music they always used in the original Star Trek series, like when Capt Kirk fought the Gorn in "Arena", or when Kirk fought Capt. Ron Tracey in "The Omega Glory." (bumbum bahh bahh bahh bahh bahh bumbum bum bahhhh)

I would definitely have to vote for the book your son is playing now. I hope CC retains Also Sprach Zarathustra for future use; I think Crown could do an awesome show based on Eumir Deodato's jazz/funk version of ASZ that he released back in 1973 (yes, I am older and have the LP which stands for LONG PLAYING record for our younger readers.)

Older--yep. We did Deodato's ASZ when I was playing in a Navy rock band. I don't remember if I had it on LP or cassette. LP was great for transcribing solos if your player had a 16 RPM speed. Everything was just half speed and down an octave.

I always get the part in BD's show right after the big hit where they march facing the back left corner of the field. That and the hit right after are great!

I think that's what I'm calling the "jazzy" part. Nice!