Phantom's Percussions future....

Winds of Change  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Will Phantom make changes at the top?

Instruction staff simply isn't doing enough. The judges liked the book, but unfortunately the members couldn't perform it to the level expected of them.

I really do believe that any student, with proper instruction, can excel to and beyond what is expected of them. Especially past 11th in this case.

If only the negative feed back were the result of tonight's scores. Unfortunately, they are the result of at least 3 years of stagnation with top talent. My view is purely from a business perspective. If someone is not getting the job done based on the results, I feel its time for a change. Nothing personal.

Once the board made a decision to pay a staff member a salary, expectations must be met. If that person is in charge making personnel decisions, and doesn't make the decision for the best of the organization, it's time for that person to go. (IMO) a change has to be made or more than one persons head goes on the chopping block.

Instruction staff simply isn't doing enough. The judges liked the book, but unfortunately the members couldn't perform it to the level expected of them.

I really do believe that any student, with proper instruction, can excel to and beyond what is expected of them. Especially past 11th in this case.

The telltale signs of an educator. ;)

Yes, quality instruction and high standards are keys to success, especially if they're delivered in a professional manner and not demeaning to the learner.

• Like 1

Please. And while they're at it, please bring back a co-ed guard. Phantom's young women are amazing, no doubt, as are the instructors in the guard arena, from what I've seen. It's just one of the many things this year that makes me want to crawl into myself while yawning. You can still be classy without being so #### conservative, as seen by Carolina Crown this year, and the last.

It's time to wake up again, Phantom. Progress.

• Like 2