Brass Score

Crown got a perfect 20 in brass! I know Cavaliers managed one in 2002 with Frameworks, but has any other corps managed a perfect 20 in brass? I can't think of any off of the top of my head (and other than 4 or 5 shows I'm unfamiliar with pre-2000s drum corps; sorry, I'm a young'in').

Just a reminder that the maximum score is not necessarily a "perfect" score. If a judge thinks corps A is better than corps B to whom she has given a 19.9, even if corps A makes a mistake, she has to give them a 20.0.

• Like 7

Just a reminder that the maximum score is not necessarily a "perfect" score. If a judge thinks corps A is better than corps B to whom she has given a 19.9, even if corps A makes a mistake, she has to give them a 20.0.

I am also sure that Albert Lo appreciates calling him a she! :doh:

• Like 1

Crown got a perfect 20 in brass! I know Cavaliers managed one in 2002 with Frameworks, but has any other corps managed a perfect 20 in brass? I can't think of any off of the top of my head (and other than 4 or 5 shows I'm unfamiliar with pre-2000s drum corps; sorry, I'm a young'in').

Not 100%, but I believe Star 1991?

Oh dang, good point.

BD got one at prelims 2004 I think.

Also worth noting is Crown's Ott 3-peat, and 4 of the last 5. Does anyone know what the longest Ott winning streak is?

Didn't Phantom have a good run at it for a while fairly recently?

I was incorrect. Both scored 19.6 in brass proper - BD edged them by .1 in GE Brass. Phantom actually won GE brass but were behind in field and ensemble brass.

Star 1991 didn't win high brass. Blue Devils did.

I'll have to check the number, but I think Star scored a 19.5 to BD's 19.7.

Edited by mfrontz

A quick glance at fromthepressbox.com says this is the first 20 in brass. '02 Cavies got 20 in Mus Ensemble, but not brass.