6th place drumline

So much for drum and bugle, uh......er......brass corps. Way too much credit for GOO.

Madison beat them with way more synth, and Cadets won percussion with a ton of synth in their show.... Crown was dirty, or else they would have scored higher. Plain and simple. Good to know the conspiracy theories are starting soon this year. :thumbdown:

• Like 7

I believe Garfield won a title in 1984 with the 9th place drum line. They still had percussion on the field, hence drum and bugle corps. Carolina's line might not have been top 3, but they were still a good line and part of the top 12 corps in the world. Are they not called "drums" if they don't place 1st?

• Like 5

Oh, and judges know how to listen beyond the synth and bass goo that happens from time to time in these modern shows. They know how to apply credit to the actual performers' ability and levels demonstrated.

• Like 1

Who said anything about a conspiracy but, YOU? Nice try hijacker. I simply said that the GOO gets too many points. Besides, I saw them in Round Rock and they were as dirty then as I'm sure they were in INDY. IMO, not deserving of the title as an overall drum and brass corps. It's an insult to the judging system.

Now if you want to talk conspiracy, explain the 19.2 they got from Fugget in semis.

P.S. Any synth is too much synth.

Madison beat them with way more synth, and Cadets won percussion with a ton of synth in their show.... Crown was dirty, or else they would have scored higher. Plain and simple. Good to know the conspiracy theories are starting soon this year. :thumbdown:/>

• Like 6

Better check your stats.

I believe Garfield won a title in 1984 with the 9th place drum line. They still had percussion on the field, hence drum and bugle corps. Carolina's line might not have been top 3, but they were still a good line and part of the top 12 corps in the world. Are they not called "drums" if they don't place 1st?

• Like 1

Who said anything about a conspiracy but, YOU? Nice try hijacker. I simply said that the GOO gets too many points. Besides, I saw them in Round Rock and they were as dirty then as I'm sure they were in INDY. IMO, not deserving of the title as an overall drum and brass corps. It's an insult to the judging system.

Now if you want to talk conspiracy, explain the 19.2 they got from Fugget in semis.

You seem angry about something that probably doesn't personally affect you. Synths are taken into the score account, so if it's bad, they'll get dinged for it. They were far cleaner in Indy than they were in Texas, so they deserved their placement.

Cadets won in 1984, one of the most beloved shows of all time, with a 7th place drumline. So guess they weren't deserving of their title either, correct?

• Like 2

I'm beginning to feel like Plan9 and the other BD honks (not to lump you in with those guys, Plan)

You people amaze me.

So much for drum and bugle, uh......er......brass corps. Way too much credit for GOO.

I think Crown has the least goo of the finals corps. Their superior balance between field and pit is a big part of why their Music Analysis scores were consistently high this year. :thumbup:

• Like 5