What it's all about!

AND this:

994310_10201259842274804_272774098_n.jpg

• Like 2

Don't forget the silly picture!

1147574_659054664107728_2112984137_o.jpg

Thanks, couldn't find that one quickly.

And, the love and respect all the other corps showed each other in the parking lot after retreat!thumbup.gif

• Like 1

I took this one from 439. Pure class! This is almost identical to last year's picture of these two great corps!

935895_10201443722551455_715890886_n.jpg

• Like 3

The same thing happened last year as well. The kids on the field congratulated each other and those fans in the Crown block did not berate the Blue Devils. This is why I have maintained for the past year that it is not as much a pro-Crown thing as an anti Blue Devils sentiment.

Now at finals I was sitting next to a young man who loved both Crown and BD. His mother and sister were clearly Crown fans and I love Crown too. He was surprised at how few people cheered for Blue Devils. I told him about being at Foxboro for "My Spanish Heart" in 1994 with a larger crowd and a stadium that went wild for the Blue Devils. It's easy to forget that people saw great hope that a relatively new, modern drum corps won the title in 1976. I can recall the crowd being stunned and amazed at CYO Nationals that year. While no one spilled hatred toward Kingsmen, Madison, or SVC when BD won their first title, at one time BD was as beloved as Crown today.

• Like 2

Too bad their fans are not like this!

We fed them at our BBQ and gave them a bigger standin O than our own corps yet their fans booed us on out own soil! thumbdown.gif Shame on you!

• Like 1

As a public school band director, I can only say this...

I'll be showing these pictures -- yes, all of them -- to my kids when we get back in September. And the message will be...

"THIS is how you treat competition...THIS is how you treat your "competitors"...on the field (or stage) is one thing...but once you are done, and they are done...you are all one unit. Kids who will knock themselves out to do their very best...and knowing all the while that others are doing the same. Honor, class, and pride. Show it...and you shall receive the same in return."

But I guess I'm just a dinosaur...

• Like 4