Post-Tour Depression

This is a semi-serious post, but how did you go about handling this, if you went through it?

For the first few days, take your meals outside and sit on the curb.

• Like 6

I slept on the floor on my air mattress for a couple of days, because sleeping in a bed just didn't feel right. Getting back into the swing of things takes a couple of days, but getting to see friends from home really helps get things back to normal.

The worst kind of depression is the summer right after you age-out after multiple years of marching. That sucks completely.

• Like 3

The worst kind of depression is the summer right after you age-out after multiple years of marching. That sucks completely.

... I solved this one by going backpacking in Europe the summer after I aged out (also the summer after I graduated college). Still bummed to not be marching, but the trip was a once in a lifetime experience.

... I solved this one by going backpacking in Europe the summer after I aged out (also the summer after I graduated college). Still bummed to not be marching, but the trip was a once in a lifetime experience.

Dang, should have spent this summer doing that, instead of hanging around DCP

• Like 2

Having no such experience, I couldn't say, but I think there may be one thing in common with finishing an Appalachian Trail hike: don't eat too much, and keep getting plenty of exercise.