Carolina Crown to Japan in 2014

Hooray for me. I doubt they would come over during the DCI season. There is no venue for them to perform their show. Most likely they would adapt their 2014 show for the floor, and perform in exhibition.

BD Entertainment travels all over the place, but normally doesn't bring current members when they are on tour. Instead they take recent vets.

I strongly discourage any corps from traveling outside of the US during tour. We did in on 05, and there are so many differences and much more added stress, when you get back it is a bit mind-numbing to be able to get back in the swing of a full US tour. Off season trip though sounds amazing!

Nooooo! :cry: We've not had anyone over to Europe since Glassmen in 2006! BD I think were planning a trip in 2009 (I assume to coincide again with the WMC in Kerkrade again same as 2005) but pulled out

Must admit back in 05 I was surprised at the length of BDs tour - think it was about 4 weeks?!

October 2014 is the plan.

• Like 1

Carolina Crown has announced they are going to Japan in 2014.

1. Wow! This will be awesome. And expensive. And awesome. And expensive. How will it impact them competitively?

2. Can they have a several-day layover in California? Specifically Northern California? Super double please!?!

Hmmm...I wonder if they could use a new staff member, though I'l be 60 or even 61 depending on when in October they are going! :tongue:/>

I strongly discourage any corps from traveling outside of the US during tour. We did in on 05, and there are so many differences and much more added stress, when you get back it is a bit mind-numbing to be able to get back in the swing of a full US tour.

While perhaps true, such travel outside the US in the summer competitive season did not seem to effect the 1988 Madison Scouts all that much.

• Like 1

I strongly discourage any corps from traveling outside of the US during tour. We did in on 05, and there are so many differences and much more added stress, when you get back it is a bit mind-numbing to be able to get back in the swing of a full US tour. Off season trip though sounds amazing!

Yeah, it killed the Madison Scouts when they went to Europe. They had to settle for winning the championship that year..........bummer.

Yeah, it killed the Madison Scouts when they went to Europe. They had to settle for winning the championship that year..........bummer.

I know it's hard to comprehend, but amazingly things today might not be EXACTLY as they were 25 years ago. :rolleyes:

I went to Japan in October 2012 and fell in love with the country. It is an amazing place and the kids should love the trip. Long flight, though: 11 hours, 15 minutes non-stop from San Francisco to Tokyo (though only ~9 hours on the way back due to tailwinds; due to the date line and various timezones, the journey back also gives you the unique opportunity of "going back in time": took off Wednesday afternoon in Tokyo and landed that same Wednesday MORNING in San Francisco).

• Like 2

I volunteer to be their guide in Japan. Maybe even host a few kids.