Crown 2013 Recording

I think prelims or semi's morning Crown was doing a recording... anyone know when/where we can purchase this?

Awesome. Let me know how it came out.

http://www.thecrownstore.com/2012-carolina-crown-field-studio-recording-full-ensemble-full-show/

Found it there^

Was going to buy, but only if it is excellent quality as I will be getting blu-rays...

That link appears to be last year's show.

Nick is being modest - they're a must-buy if you like DCI recordings at all. Sound quality is far improved over the DCI recordings, and all sorts of little nuances can be clearly heard that get lost from the field.

If I remember right, it's traditionally taken them until about September to post them in the store, and should cost $5-6. Well worth it - I have every one I've ever been able to get my hands on. Their finals-week recordings, along with Blue Devils, are absolutely good buys.

Mike

are the finals week recordings only available as downloads? Or, do they also release them as CD's?

Nick is being modest - they're a must-buy if you like DCI recordings at all. Sound quality is far improved over the DCI recordings, and all sorts of little nuances can be clearly heard that get lost from the field.

If I remember right, it's traditionally taken them until about September to post them in the store, and should cost $5-6. Well worth it - I have every one I've ever been able to get my hands on. Their finals-week recordings, along with Blue Devils, are absolutely good buys.

Mike

Do others of the top corps also do late-season recordings???

I'm actually working on a master list of these. In recent years, SCV did one in '09, Phantom did one in 2010 and Carolina Crown and BD do them every year. Cavaliers did them until '08, but were only offered on the tour DVD.

Mike