What's the furthest a DCI Champ fell after winning?

6th in brass, 7th in music ensemble, and 5th in percussion. They were 7th overall in music, but they were as close to 3rd place as they were to 9th in music. A few more tenths and that's a Top 5 or Top 4 music program. Considering they were 9th in Music GE with that, I'd say the design issues FAR outweighed the performance issues.

And unfortunately Finals wasn't their best performance. A week earlier, they were tied for second in brass at Allentown. It's not that they got worse, everyone around them got the finals week surge while they didn't. But yeah, design was definitely their Achilles Heel. Too many problems, nowhere near enough solutions or time to enact them

(Dis)honorable mention: The 2000 Blue Knights finished 6th, with a score of 92.00. The 2001 Blue Knights didn't make Finals. I'm not sure another corps from the modern era has scored/placed so high one year and missed Finals the next.

If you're going to talk about just dropping the most places I would go with Troopers in 75. They went from a very respectable 5th in 74 and 2nd in 73 to, if it wasn't for an overage marcher in another corp, not making finals at all 75. It's kind of sad actually. They've made finals since of course but they have never dominated like they did from 65 to 74.

Edited by Bucbari