Finals decibel level?

Did anyone think to bring a decibel meter and record the sounds from finals night? Like when the announced each corps and revealed the silver medal corp.I know someone on here brought it up a couple of weeks ago and I'd like to know what the levels of noise was.

Did anyone think to bring a decibel meter and record the sounds from finals night? Like when the announced each corps and revealed the silver medal corp.I know someone on here brought it up a couple of weeks ago and I'd like to know what the levels of noise was.

I used to measure the decibels at some of the Regionals and Prelims, but gave it up this year to just watch the shows. If we could contact someone with the Finals broadcasting team, they might be able to make an estimate based on their recordings.

Several MMs have said it wasn't just loud, but you could actually feel the sound pressure.

It was certainly loud, but I don't think it topped the volume from 2008 when they announced the Silver Medalist. If it did, I would attribute it to the indoor effect.

• Like 3

It was certainly loud, but I don't think it topped the volume from 2008 when they announced the Silver Medalist. If it did, I would attribute it to the indoor effect.

Me, too.

It didn't sound as loud on the stream as I would have expected, but it also sounded kind of unnaturally far away. I wonder if they didn't have the mikes turned down or away from the crowd out of concern for how it would sound if the results had been different. I think that would have been an understandable course of action on their part.

But also, 2008 was more of a surprise ending to the Cinderella story. Sure she had married the prince once before but only to find out he was still married and watch him ride away with his other wife, and then 12 years later he comes out of nowhere to claim her as his one love.*

This year, there may have been the newness of no previous matrimony, but the prince had already asked her out on 13 dates in the last two months before finally popping the question so it wasn't a shocker. Besides, she already owned a crown. How much foreshadowing does it take?

* Of course then she let her appearance go and he dumped her a year later, but it was romantic while it lasted.

• Like 1

this was my first time attending finals in Indy,so I have no idea what it's usually like , but I tell you, when they announced the silver medalist...........i don't know how to describe it, like the pressure in the stadium changed, both of those top two corps were so good........it's something I'll never forget

I have several friends who go every year and said it wasn't as loud as 2008 and definitely not as loud as back in the day when there were 42K in attendance in Montreal. But still, loud! Go Crown!

Most energized crowd there has been at LOS. Close competition, the crowd cheering on Crown, Scouts doing their thing, SCV... best finals since 08.

• Like 3

Most energized crowd there has been at LOS. Close competition, the crowd cheering on Crown, Scouts doing their thing, SCV... best finals since 08.

Also the biggest crowd at LOS in the 5 years they've been going there.