2013 DCA World Championships Prelims

MBI better watch their backs....boy that nailed me.

• Like 1

Between the horn run they just played and the fact they're now playing Paint It Black, we are now watching Hawthorne Crown.

Well said......

Yup.... just liked the good old days when they were true senior corps...

I think a lot of the kids and adults marching in brand new corps in the circuit would argue about what the good old days were/are. Have you been watching this? It's been unbelievable. And it's not like "senior" members have been phased out... I've seen plenty tonight. CV had two mello soloists who were both probably at least in their late 40's. Someone contacted me via DCP messaging saying he was a 50+ year old Buc. Just because they're different doesn't make them worse.

• Like 1

Next on the field is Minnesota Brass, Inc., from St. Paul, Minnesota. Their 2013 program is entitled "PRIMAL" and consists of:

Ritual Fire Dance (from El Amor Brujo)

Dansa Barbara

Danza Final (From Estancia Ballet)

finishing fifth tonight should be considered a high honor..........

• Like 2

I think a lot of the kids and adults marching in brand new corps in the circuit would argue about what the good old days were/are. Have you been watching this? It's been unbelievable. And it's not like "senior" members have been phased out... I've seen plenty tonight. CV had two mello soloists who were both probably at least in their late 40's. Someone contacted me via DCP messaging saying he was a 50+ year old Buc. Just because they're different doesn't make them worse.

I know the mello soloists personally, and like the fact that CV does have a lot of older members....awesome

• Like 1

finishing fifth tonight should be considered a high honor..........

Agreed 100%. This has been an incredible series of shows to watch.

The corps starts in a company front. Per Todd Tanji, this is the only company front in the entire show.