2013 DCA World Championships Finals

Starting in a tight block of three circles, the horns break out and expand the circles while rotating, arms outstretched.

Big opening statement!

Hmmm...I'm getting a much better performance vibe from C2 tonight. More intensity from the horns, cleaner visual...Crowd is into the performance, too.

Foot technique and posture on the slower tempos is a little rough. Cadets' technique for those parts of the show is already difficult to do when rehearsing it every day. These kids have to get it down on weekends only.

I wasn't impressed with Cadets' percussion yesterday. I was wrong. C2's drum line is working it during the solo.

Peace sign on the left side of the field. Right side is the Bring Him Home soloist and accompaniment. As in '89, we have two separate corps on two separate tempos.

Unfortunately, the corps loses steam during the last minute of the show. I will say, though, that the performance overall was much better than last night.

Cadets2:

CameraZOOM-20130901202025886.jpg

GO GET EM STATESMEN!!! This is it, this is the last night as The Empire Statesmen. GO SARA!!!!! Wish I could be there with all my friends

• Like 1

My chest just tightened a little, knowing what's about to happen...

Next on the field, for the last time, is the Empire Statesmen from Rochester, New York. Their 2013 program is entitled "Empire State of Mind" and consists of:

New York State of Mind

City of Angels Theme

Sun and Moon (from Miss Saigon)

Sing Sing Sing

Over the Rainbow (from The Wizard of Oz)

My Way

• Like 2

...visually CII is pretty decent...it's just that there are a few individuals sticking-out very badly, particularly in the big horns...really a shame because the ensemble is trained well. I got the feeling that someone might get hurt yesterday, and today verified my observation...done now without disaster(s) so good...

Well, hello Roland and Joey. Nice of you to pierce my ear drums, just the way I like it.