2013 DCA World Championships Finals

As my screen name would imply, Bruni and his jacket are a man after my own heart. Your welcome on Broad Street anytime.

One thing about no headgear is that the drum line can pull off the moves which they've incorporated from indoor drum line much better.

Yeah, mellos! Way to rip face on that last note in City of Angels!

Mello soloist to start Sun and Moon, nicely done. Horns now playing backfield. Guard split between yellow "sun" flags and gray/black "moon" flags.

Miss Saigon, now closed. A yell from the corps, a chant of "put a lime in the coconut and shake it all up!" and we're into Sing, Sing, Sing.

Empire Statesmen:

CameraZOOM-20130901203649099.jpg

• Like 1

Being as close to the corps as I have this season, Sing, Sing, Sing was the weakest part of the show. I know a lot of hard work has turned it into a smokin' piece

Drum line finishes with intensity, lighting up the crowd. Soloists join two more soloists from the corps for the big finish to this song.

• Like 1

Over the Rainbow. Mellos play the melody backfield, then picked up by the sopranos.

Now a juxtaposition of My Way from the soloists with the mellophones playing the middle section of Rainbow.

Wicked Witch and Dorothy make their way onto the field, leading the company front.

David just screams at the corps, not even conducting, as the drum line plays a run leading into the big finish of the show.

One last addition to the show: A mural of Mr. B in his Frank Sinatra fedora with CO2 billowing from behind.