Troopers 2014

Yesterday I noticed on the Trooper's site that the design staff from last year is coming back!

This same news surfaced last year about this time and there was a great deal of anticipation about the future of the Troopers. Nobody was really quite certain what we would get, although we were cautiously optimistic because a number of these men had returned the Scouts to being the Scouts. What they gave us with the Troopers last year was simply amazing!

I think it's okay for me to be excited . . . right?

• Like 2

Yesterday I noticed on the Trooper's site that the design staff from last year is coming back!

This same news surfaced last year about this time and there was a great deal of anticipation about the future of the Troopers. Nobody was really quite certain what we would get, although we were cautiously optimistic because a number of these men had returned the Scouts to being the Scouts. What they gave us with the Troopers last year was simply amazing!

I think it's okay for me to be excited . . . right?

You are not the only one excited with this great news, Granny.

I think the announcement was meant to be a birthday present for Territroop who this week celebrates her 29th.......and in famous drum corps rehearsal words, AGAIN!:thumbup:

• Like 4

I am very, very proud of the work many of my past associates have been doing in the Troopers' drum and bugle corps. It's really wonderful to see people come together as they have with this organization. To think of where they were when I competed against them in 2005 and where they stand today is really mind blowing. I will be watching them very closely in the 2014 season, and can't wait to see what they put out this year. They seem to be a wonderful organization that's doing wonderful things. Go Troop!

• Like 1

You are not the only one excited with this great news, Granny.

I think the announcement was meant to be a birthday present for Territroop who this week celebrates her 29th.......and in famous drum corps rehearsal words, AGAIN!:thumbup:

LOL!!!! Indeed I did celebrate my 18th annual 29th birthday this Tuesday - so yes this announcement was a very nice present! Audition camp locations (for the most part) were also announced, so that was fun, too. Looking forward to possibly helping at the Texas audition camp, once the location is settled.

And so it begins: GO TROOP!

I think the Troopers have one of the greatest challenges of all drum corps. On the one hand it is expected they will be the same Troopers while on the other hand it is expected that they will be as contemporary as their competitors. Add to this the fact their uniform defines them more than most other corps. No question this past year they met all those challenges head on and provided for us one of the most memorable drum corps shows in years. Last year I really thought they would have made finals and since they finished so close to Blue Stars, this was a realistic possibility.

My hope for Troopers is that they will continue in the same mode but also build on the momentum started last year. If this happens, not only will we have another memorable show, but a finals placement as well. Since it didn't look like Troopers had a large number of age-outs, this is not a hope but a reasonable prediction. It won't be easy. No corps in last year has any intention of giving up their spot and 13-19 will be just as competitive if not more so next year.

However, since it is still just September and tour dates have not been settled in stone, I have to once again appeal to my friends in Casper who have a say as to where where Troopers will appear next year--PUT NEW ENGLAND BACK IN THE TOUR!!!! I don't think you've been to the Boston area since finals were held in Foxboro in 2005. Tons of people wear Troopers T-shirts and baseball caps at Boston area shows, the crowd is filled with people who remember great World Open and CYO Nationals performances, and you will feel the love. Add to this that Bristol, RI prides itself on being where July 4th festivities began and a highlight of the celebration is the July 3rd drum corps show. Who would be a better competitor than a corps that calls itself "America's Drum Corps?"

• Like 1

I think the Troopers have one of the greatest challenges of all drum corps. On the one hand it is expected they will be the same Troopers while on the other hand it is expected that they will be as contemporary as their competitors. Add to this the fact their uniform defines them more than most other corps. No question this past year they met all those challenges head on and provided for us one of the most memorable drum corps shows in years. Last year I really thought they would have made finals and since they finished so close to Blue Stars, this was a realistic possibility.

My hope for Troopers is that they will continue in the same mode but also build on the momentum started last year. If this happens, not only will we have another memorable show, but a finals placement as well. Since it didn't look like Troopers had a large number of age-outs, this is not a hope but a reasonable prediction. It won't be easy. No corps in last year has any intention of giving up their spot and 13-19 will be just as competitive if not more so next year.

However, since it is still just September and tour dates have not been settled in stone, I have to once again appeal to my friends in Casper who have a say as to where where Troopers will appear next year--PUT NEW ENGLAND BACK IN THE TOUR!!!! I don't think you've been to the Boston area since finals were held in Foxboro in 2005. Tons of people wear Troopers T-shirts and baseball caps at Boston area shows, the crowd is filled with people who remember great World Open and CYO Nationals performances, and you will feel the love. Add to this that Bristol, RI prides itself on being where July 4th festivities began and a highlight of the celebration is the July 3rd drum corps show. Who would be a better competitor than a corps that calls itself "America's Drum Corps?"

And swing by the Virginia Tidewater on the way to or from New England!

No corps in last year has any intention of giving up their spot and 13-19 will be just as competitive if not more so next year.

Right on. While most everyone obsesses over the 0.2 points defining the difference between BD and Crown, the real action will be the competition for the final few spots in the top 12. Two or three corps will fight for No. 1. That's cool, but 7 or 8 corps will fight on Friday for 2 or 3 spots available on Saturday. Get your popcorn.

• Like 1