It's DCI Christmas! (2013 Media Arriving)

Finally listened to the entire 2013 cds and I must say I have to give Crossmen a lot more credit than I originally thought they deserved. To be honest I was so annoyed during their performance of them yelling or "protesting" at the beginning of their show I just kind of wrote them off. Listening to their performance on the cd though makes a world of difference to me, and that might even be a understatement. They blew me away!Absolutely spine tingling moments during some of their best brass lines. Crossmen, I'm sorry and wish you the best next summer, and I'll keep a much more open mind!Also, it seems every year Pacific Crest keeps improving.I didn't get to watch them at any competitions, but their show is part of the 2013 dci cds. If they keep it up, I foresee them actually making the top 12 finals in the foreseeable future.

Edited by msumello

• 2 weeks later...

No DVD yet. Every day I look to see if my DVD has arrived but it still hasn't.

I've even described it to the postman so he understands how important it is. It's a cardboard box with a smaller box inside. The smaller box has a hole in it where the Blue Devils' performance should be....

DCI is having a sale on 2013 DVD's through Tuesday. Isn't it kind of early to start reducing the prices on this year's DVDs?

Edited by LincolnV

No DVD yet. Every day I look to see if my DVD has arrived but it still hasn't.

I've even described it to the postman so he understands how important it is. It's a cardboard box with a smaller box inside. The smaller box has a hole in it where the Blue Devils' performance should be....

DCI is having a sale on 2013 DVD's through Tuesday. Isn't it kind of early to start reducing the prices on this year's DVDs?

Perhaps you should contact DCI at this point?

Got my Blu-Rays yesterday after calling DCI and getting the shipping address fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the 2013 bluray over this weekend. Got to give a huge shout-out for the Bluecoats show, who, IMO, had the best show of them all.

Honestly when I saw them at Warrensburg Missouri I wasn't very impressed with their show.....but boy did they grow on me. I attended my first finals and was very very pleased with them.They looked so sharp with their new uniforms and that nice deep low brass sound.....if we ever have another first time corps winner like Crown, the only one I can think of that really has a good chance of that is Bloocoats.

**.Has anyone else noticed there's ab odd sound during SCV performance at around 9.35 in the show just before the soloists; last note before the last song and the tuba's play that fanfare?It sounds like air pumping....or hydraulics......it can be heard both on the audio and video recordings. It wasn't heard in the prelims or semifinals performances......any ideas?

Edited by msumello