Phantom Regiment 2014

I hope that all the rookies from this season come back for next year. It's incredible how nice they sound with all that young talent. Imagine what next year will sound like. I wonder how many age-outs they have this year.

I'll say this about the white and black uniform. It's very effective from over head. It really helps to define forms. Now that they have the black underneath, it won't take much to come out with a new top each year depending on the show theme.

They do usually change tops the next season. I am looking forward to next year and by the way I am just in love with Bloo's show. It is so innovative and they deserve to be in the top three. I would love for them to win as it is so deserving. The horn line blew me away last night. It is so powerful and the drill and movement so innovative. I appreciate all drum corps. I admit PR is my first love, but I am not blind to all the other corps. A big SUTA to all the corps this season.

• Like 1

I've watched the show trying to figure out the story line. As convoluted as it seems, the unifom changes seems unnecessary. They should just come out in black and be done with it. Would make for a much cleaner show.

Edited by Pes49

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out their will be staff changes after this season. All corps do this after a rough season. Who it will be I don't know as we cant compete with the money that BD, SCV, Etc.have to spend on their staff. We do pretty well considering. What usually happens staff become successful and establish their reputation and consequently are offered the big bucks and they leave to go on to greener pastures. We certainly our secure money wise and continue to do well. Will have to wait and see what the future holds. I am sure they are more than likely working towards making changes for next season already.

Staff changes have been many in the last 6 or 7 years. Maybe the problem is whomever is making the changes and their choices for new staff.

Edited by Pes49
  • Like 1

IIs too bad you dont know what you are talking about. Take your biasis or grips too the Farrels if you have a problem with them. People on this post say things that they dont know the true story. It is not a gestapo as you seem too think. Be brave and travel with the corps and see what it is really like. I know exactly what happened with JD and Paul and as always their are two sides too the story.

Really ? You sure? Because this is exactly what happened. The kids and former/current staff will tell you the same thing.

I'm really enjoying Phantom this year as their hornline starts to let it loose (of course I'm a bit biased towards them) but I've pretty much given up on this season. I have high hopes for them to make a comeback sort of like from 2009 to 2010.

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

I'm really enjoying Phantom this year as their hornline starts to let it loose (of course I'm a bit biased towards them) but I've pretty much given up on this season. I have high hopes for them to make a comeback sort of like from 2009 to 2010.

I have hopes for them next year as well.

Thing is, I can't possibly compare this year to anything related to 2009. There are times when I'll whistle/hum this year's music. Last night I think they gave it a lot more life and the sound reminded me of Phantom. I don't feel the same way about 2009. The hornline/drumline in 2009 was outstanding, but I just didn't feel the same way about it.

As for 2010 - it would never have happened without 2009. So not the usual Phantom - but just like the Blue Knights fans feel this year, what a moving show!

I have hopes for them next year as well.

Thing is, I can't possibly compare this year to anything related to 2009. There are times when I'll whistle/hum this year's music. Last night I think they gave it a lot more life and the sound reminded me of Phantom. I don't feel the same way about 2009. The hornline/drumline in 2009 was outstanding, but I just didn't feel the same way about it.

As for 2010 - it would never have happened without 2009. So not the usual Phantom - but just like the Blue Knights fans feel this year, what a moving show!

Agreed I find this show getting stuck in my head a few times too. I'd like to see Phantom take a 2010 approach again though. Original music that may or may not be considered completely classical in the sense that it wasn't made by a 200 year old man (exaggeration) that is used in a show that is designed to challenge the corps and pull the audience in with emotion.

• Like 2

I'd like if next years show upped the ante in terms of the challenge of the music and the visuals, as I feel like our show has now been holding back the kids marching in the corp. I think it would also be good to instead have the show based around a theme within the music, like a composer, or a series of pieces, or a regional style, instead of being based around a story.

Really ? You sure? Because this is exactly what happened. The kids and former/current staff will tell you the same thing.

Whatever.